• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Summoner Attribute Points

Astrocreeper

Jun 3, 2004
Summoner Attribute Points

Hello, I have a lvl 49 summoner on the new ladder, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my attributes... many of the guides have very different recommendations.

Currently, I have 110 str, 115 dex, 50 vit, 50 nrgy.

---------

Dexterity: I'm planning on having close to max block with whatever I use, hence the high dex.

Energy: I am planning maxing CE and wearing typical MF gear, will 50 base energy be enough?

Strength: I saw there is a runeword spirit that can go into 4 socket monarchs, is this worth bumping up str for? Should I leave str where it's at now ( 110 )? What are the breakpoints for common summoner items?

Vitality: Obviously I'm skimping here so far... will this be problematic later?

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Strength for gear, as usual.

The runeword you are referring to is probably Spirit, and that's a nice runeword for sorcs and hammerdins, but not for necromancers: shrunken heads are considerably better.

Since you are going for blocking you'll die easily because of your low life, but that's something you have to cope with. You still have your skellies to protect you; just be extra careful.

A "normal" Skelemancer build puts nothing in dex, nothing in energy, everything in vitality, although there are still people advocating blocking on a skelemancer (i.e. lots of dex, little life).

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
Spirit can't block, period. It is not a bad shield itself, but a spirit monarch has something like 40ish block, and you are not going to spend 300 dex to get that max block. If you want to use it, go full vital.

Kaze

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
I'm also playin a 5x lvl classic skellymancer in ladder, and im debating a lot between going full block or not ... how many dex aprox is needed to get near max block against act bosses in hell with homunculous or the like? is for gettin an idea ... I'm still saving up attribute points :D

The point to max block for me would be more to go into close combat againts meph etc etc with my skellies to use Nightfish's crushing blow idea / helping to kill em with beast runeword someday :uhhuh: ... , as necro is kinda slow killin big bosses ... There is another way for a summoner to speed up a lot the killin of act bosses?

Thanx ;)

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
Kaze said:
how many dex aprox is needed to get near max block against act bosses in hell with homunculous or the like?

You can find a table here.

Kaze said:
There is another way for a summoner to speed up a lot the killin of act bosses?

Give CB to your Merc and Revive some CB monsters. The Urdar type has CB.