• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Summon Teleclumping - Is this new?

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Summon Teleclumping - Is this new?

I've noticed that occasionally if I run far enough ahead of my skeletons and merc They all pop up in the same place at the exact same point nearby as if they'd been enigma tele'd by a mysterious ghost necro. I don't recall seeing this in 1.10. Instead they would all pop up in different places ahead and behind me, typically off screen. They still do that but I've been seeing massive clumpaport quite a few times now. Is it possible they made a few tweaks that weren't listed in the patch .txt file or is it just coincidence that I never noticed this before?

Kyo

Jun 27, 2003
Imperium of Man
Visit site
2 possibilities -Noticed this in 1.10.

1. It could be the way the game mechanics work, if your minions lag behind far enough or get trapped it automatically teleports them all near you.

2. Seen it happen with a laggy connection. Sometimes when the server game lags you are brought back to exact spot of where it thinks it remember you last resetting u back at that position but in that instance your minions pop back on the same spot where you are rooted to.

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
It's no. 1. But sometimes minions (especially Revives) get stuck and disappear without teleporting back to you. What you're experiencing is problably a bit of a coincedence.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Actually, I see this "my minions all teleport to me" quite frequently, so I would assume it's just standard behavior. I never even thought it was strange...

Astrocreeper

Jun 3, 2004
Lag

I think it might be the lag as well. The lag has been really bad for me for the past week and a half. Other people I've played with have reported lag problems as well.

When the game finally resyncs with the server, all my minions are sometimes in a pile like I've teleported.

Kyo

Jun 27, 2003
Imperium of Man
Visit site
Totally agree with you. Been spiking with pretty bad lag recently. Not sure if this is just the server load ie masses of player or something worse that causing this. Hope it not botting or something like that.

Played with my Sorc yesterday and was basically unplayable for a small duration as i was getting hit when there was nothing on screen and then instantly i was surrounded.

Switched to my necro and things didn't exactly improve because my minions were lagging as badly as i was and couldn't defend themselves.

Dangerous if it was HC. :eek: