• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Stuck @ "connecting to server"

SeP.OWNZ

Jun 23, 2003
Stuck @ "connecting to server"

Ok. Im fed up. Wanted to play d2 again after a LONG time, and now on my laptop that i just got, this happens. Anyways, ive been searching ALL day literally for an answer and I havent gotten anything. PLEASE some help.

SeP.OWNZ

Jun 23, 2003
thx for the replys. ive heard of something inside my network, noticing how this laptop i just got and havent really gotten to know, it might be that. i have the windows firewall disabled and norton anti virus disabled. ive tried disconnecting my router and connecting straight through the cable modem. orphan im going to try what you suggested, ill keep ya posted, THX!!

SeP.OWNZ

Jun 23, 2003
Well.. i read the thing you linked, and thats not whats happening. I tried to do that anyways, but when i tried to open regedit, it closed automatically.. weird.. You guys sure its my network?

SeP.OWNZ

Jun 23, 2003
WOOT. I uninstalled a bunch of stuff (including norton antivirus 2002 WTF?) and bnet worked!!!! THX GUYS.

Freezing Rain

May 25, 2005
SeP.OWNZ said:
WOOT. I uninstalled a bunch of stuff (including norton antivirus 2002 WTF?) and bnet worked!!!! THX GUYS.
So.. you installed your firewall, and uninstalled your computers protection? Not too smart =/

keithano

Aug 2, 2005
Macau
www.fotop.net
If u have time later on , try to re-install the software one by one , and see which software stopped you from connecting to bnet.

Porbably, that software has disabled the port, try to figure it out, or your computer is un-protected.