• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Strange, I had an account banned, big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquestXD

Jun 30, 2005
Strange, I had an account banned, big deal.

They banned my Ladder account with my oh so godly lvl 75 w/ low lvl runewords and Peasant Crown and other such godlies.

Luckily for me though, everything of value I owned was on mules.

Also luckily for me, all the stuff I managed to MF before I got banned sold for quite hefty sums (nl runes and D2jsp FG)

Silly MH lost me my char I guess, but made me richer overall.

Well, it's fun to rebuild again I suppose =D, though I'm off the ladder now <.<

MH may or may not be cheating (depends on who you ask obviously) but it keeps me interested in the game and playing.

People in general should calm down I think.
To those who got banned - well tough, quit or restart. Whining won't do anything.
To those who point fingers and laugh - So? We all have out varying opinions. I don't really care about yours. You don't have to care about mine. Peace and love for all.

Nilaripper

Aug 5, 2005
Vienna,Austria
ConquestXD said:
MH may or may not be cheating (depends on who you ask obviously) but it keeps me interested in the game and playing.

People in general should calm down I think.

A hack is a cheat however u turn it....
I dont feel sorry for u, not a single second.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
MH is severely frowned upon when entering these forums.
If you don't want us to care, then why share us the news?

:rolleyes:

ConquestXD

Jun 30, 2005
Heh actually got some replies this late at night I see

Nilaripper said:
A hack is a cheat however u turn it....
I dont feel sorry for u, not a single second.

Didn't read my post, did ya?
Why would I want your sympathy, I GAINED these last few days, banning or no banning ;)

Dawnmaster said:
MH is severely frowned upon when entering these forums.
If you don't want us to care, then why share us the news?
:rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't know that that was the generally held opinion here. After all, I'm fairly new, cut me some slack. Few and far between are the forums where such an opinion is commonly shared, at least the ones I frequent.
I clearly stated that you do not HAVE to care, but you can if you want to heh. Just throwing out my two cents. Lots of sob stories, lightening the mood seemed a good idea.

Sh4dovv said:
in ur opinion, not in the minds of the 60 thousand who were banned
I feel it is cheating too. Surprising no? But it is a fairly benign form of cheating. Why do people care that I can lvl my chars somewhat faster then them? I haven't MF'd in ages. This new reset is the first time in awhile. The true wealth is to be found in trading. I usually use MH to help rush people. (OMG yes, I'm helping people with it)

Arutha said:
Nah, they just didn't care about cheating.
Yes, this probably holds true for most of the people. Still I wonder how many hypocrites we have around here?

SeDnA said:
I think the 60k who got banned are more like lazy people who want to make the game easier than easy.
If I CHOOSE to play this game without MH, I'm quite good at it still. I believe I was ranked something like 20ish on the overall ladder up to around lvl 60 something on the first day of the ladder. And yes, that was without MH. I've beaten this game countless times without MH with countless chars. I no longer feel the need to prove to my computer that I can still do it.

Frosty_The_Snowman said:
There's no blinder man than the one who doesn't want to see... :rolleyes:
Shadow may well be mistaken about the mindset of those who were banned today, but who knows for sure. I'm sure many do indeed feel that MH is not cheating. My roomate, I believe, is one of them.

Whew, this is what I get for staying up all night. Boredom and long rambling posts.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
ConquestXD said:
Sorry, I didn't know that that was the generally held opinion here. After all, I'm fairly new, cut me some slack. Few and far between are the forums where such an opinion is commonly shared, at least the ones I frequent.
I clearly stated that you do not HAVE to care, but you can if you want to heh. Just throwing out my two cents. Lots of sob stories, lightening the mood seemed a good idea.

Well, as new as you are, you signed the rules before you were allowed to enter here, and as stated in those rules:

5. Thou Shalt Not Pimp or aid the Pimping of hacks and Cheats. Hacks and Cheats are 3rd party programs that allow you to alter the way a player interacts with a game. This includes, but not restricted to Maphack and Pindlebot. We do not support the use of these. You may not ask for help in creating a hack/cheat, a link to where you can find one, provide a link to where people can download one. However, the morality of using these programs is sometimes discussed and we allow these [within reason], unless it violates any other rule.

So you discuss the morality, but not to use it. (before you miss any other rules, check them out: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356062 )

ConquestXD

Jun 30, 2005
Ah, I see, I misread your post. I assumed you were speaking of the general consensus among members here about the use of MH.

The rules I read (or skimmed, I fear that I can no longer remember)

I do not believe I have violated any to date. Correct me if I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.