• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Still around...

Vajar

Jul 7, 2003
Still around...

A few people were wondering what had happened to me, but I recently took a job offer a few hundred miles away. So starting two weeks ago, I spent about a week moving, and passing on my responsibilities at my previous job, while this last week I was working intensively on electrical, doors and cabinets, painting, patching and sanding my condo in preperation to sell it - its a shame to leave it after making it so nice.. lol. I lived in it as a fixer-upper and right before I sell it I finally get around to fixing it up. Anyhow, things have finally died down, I'm starting to settle into my new job, I've moved everything down here, and my condo is about to be put on the market - so I'll be around more often now. Just in case there were others that were wondering...

Vajar

Jul 7, 2003
Zhao_Yue said:
Now lets back to some MPing!

Actually having some technical difficulties with my ISP, so it'll be a coupla days before I get start hosting (their fault, not mine :rolleyes: ).

Kremtok

Jul 2, 2003
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
Good to see you again, and glad to hear things are going so well for you. Hard work is very rewarding -- as long as you don't hurt yourself in the process. Stop by any time; we're always glad to have you here.

Vajar

Jul 7, 2003
Tarr said:
Wibby!

gogo 1.11 MP!

Not sure if I'm gonna upgrade to 1.11. If all it did was fix the FE bug, I might... but blech... it seems to introduce more problems than it fixes. Plus, I really don't want to see my Fireball Templar neutered (the only synergy abuse I use). Anyhow... we'll see... Duress does look nice.

Lothric

Mar 4, 2004
Good to have you back, Vajar. :)

On the topic of 1.11, the only reason not to make the switch, really, is if you have characters relying on the item skill synergies.

If not, you gain the FE fix and improved merc levels/levelling. (I don't really count the runewords since only Duress is worthwhile out of the 11 we now have access to).

So, I suppose the real question is: do you like melee characters? ;)

Zhao_Yue

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Since almost everyone has converted to 1.11, it'll be difficult to find MP games. I'm not even sure that anyone besides yourself is still ready to convert, given we finally managed to get the stubbon lemming to do it.

Vajar

Jul 7, 2003
Zhao_Yue said:
Since almost everyone has converted to 1.11, it'll be difficult to find MP games. I'm not even sure that anyone besides yourself is still ready to convert, given we finally managed to get the stubbon lemming to do it.

Oh well. I'll just keep my Fireball Templar in 1.10 then and won't MP with him - at least items are transferrable.

Tarr

Jul 8, 2003
Vajar said:
Not sure if I'm gonna upgrade to 1.11. If all it did was fix the FE bug, I might... but blech... it seems to introduce more problems than it fixes. Plus, I really don't want to see my Fireball Templar neutered (the only synergy abuse I use). Anyhow... we'll see... Duress does look nice.

Duress
Great Hauberk
'ShaelUmThul'
Defense: 3036
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 108
Required Level: 56
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0xda8c7841
+175% Enhanced Defense
+18% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +45%
Poison Resist +15%
Adds 37-133 cold damage over 2 seconds
40% Faster Hit Recovery
33% Chance of Open Wounds
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
-20% Slower Stamina Drain
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

Duress is nice! And Blizz bugs pwn. :lol: