• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Spell doesn't cast

inanefedaykin

Aug 11, 2005
Wolfen Empire ~~~~~ Ontario, Canada
Spell doesn't cast

I've noticed with my windy druid that sometimes cyclone armor or hurricane won't cast. It will go through the animation but do nothing. When I do this with Hurricane the spell will 'red out' for a second but not cast. Cyclone armor and Hurricane are the only two spells I've noticed this happening with and I've seen it happen in both the town and in the field.

Aug 1, 2005
inanefedaykin said:
I've noticed with my windy druid that sometimes cyclone armor or hurricane won't cast. It will go through the animation but do nothing. When I do this with Hurricane the spell will 'red out' for a second but not cast. Cyclone armor and Hurricane are the only two spells I've noticed this happening with and I've seen it happen in both the town and in the field.

I had this problem today actually but with my hammerdin's holy shield. I think its just simply a bit of lag or something that for w/e reason skips over actually doing the cast but recognizes that the command had been selected. I doubt Blizzard would be concerned with it or bnet for that matter. Simply recast it. Annoyance, yes... but no big deal.

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
I sometimes have this problem, usually when I try to cast a spell during some intense fighting or when using a WP/TP to enter an area. I think the game is busy trying to display the area and disregards your spell casting. Just do what Fatal suggests and cast it again, but do it away from enemies so you don't get screwed if it fails again.

OmniMyst

Aug 2, 2005
Wisconsin
I've had this happen multiple times with my mf sorc...the timer goes off for ice orb but alas I shoot no ice. It has happened multiple times in one battle sometimes... which can make key runes longer and more stressful then they should be.