• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Spambots are back...fun while it lasted..

marshaldwm2

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
ActVTristPwnt said:
Is it just me or does NOBODY cow on the new ladder? It's so hard to get from 20-24 without cows and nobody will trav with me because they're all looking for cow games...

Anyway, was lvl 22 in a tomb run lol and peekaboo, spambot..

QUOTE]
Really, you have trouble going from 20-24? And you just want to leech xp?

I usually level 20-25 in act 3 and early act 4. If you can kill the monsters you will level quickly, without leeching in cows.

If you cannot, then do trist or durance over and over. Even with a slow killer it works.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
ActVTristPwnt said:
Is it just me or does NOBODY cow on the new ladder? It's so hard to get from 20-24 without cows and nobody will trav with me because they're all looking for cow games...

Anyway, was lvl 22 in a tomb run lol and peekaboo, spambot..

http://www.photoworks.com/util/slid...View Large Photo&cb=PW&svr=web17&startIndex=0

Well look at it from the higher level's point of view. They all want to get to the top of the ladder, why bother making normal cowgames? Nightmare ok, for skillers etc, hell, ok, good to run for items etc. But normal? Only helps out the beginners, no high level is gonna care with beginners atm. They all want the highest level and are mfing and leveling now.

Jun 2, 2004
France
ActVTristPwnt said:
I've been playing the game without being rushed, I mean : the whole game with all quests and WP's. And now I'm in Hell Act 3... Believe me, you better find a good team and play the game as it was always meant to be :thumbsup: !

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
I state a simple problem and get flamed by people? Am I a *** in Germany?

Yes, a lot of people are trying to get to the top of the ladder first, but there ARE people like me who couldn't care less about being on the ladder. I just play ladder because nonladder is no fun, nothing is worth anything, noobs have good equipment and don't know how to use it, etc.

Lets also think about the time factor, supposing you WERE crying to be at the top of the ladder. There is no Maphack now that is of any use, meaning hell baal runs don't go smoothly and end in appx. 3-4 mins anymore.
A cow from 20-24 will take at least 3 runs will full games, a good cower can do a cow run in 3 mins or less, we'll say roughly 12-15 minutes to get from 20-24.
Back to hell Baal runs, with them taking at least 5 minutes, I really don't think you'll miss those 2-3 runs that it takes to cow a friend and some others that are wanting to level..

Also, lets suppose you would, and you cry over not being able to play 24/7 to get to 99 first. Yea, you're registered so if you get there first you've won it. Yet, do you really want that hat that says "Look at me I have no life at ALL" that badly?

EDIT: P.S. For the guy that said he had been playing legitly this whole time and is in Hell Act3 with all wps etc. I have also done this already, thanks. Got a lvl 75 sorc that has killed hell Baal and now just farms Meph, so if you're still only in Act3 on your first char, maybe you should think of getting a better team of people to play with..

Milb

May 12, 2005
UK
Have to agree with Frosty here, I spent the first 2/3 days of this ladder working through all the quests with a good team, sharing all the items and working together.

It was the most fun I've had on diablo in months. Also, its a challenge, theres no real fun teleing around with a Hammerdin that does 12k damage and destroying everything in your path.

Go work through the quests rather than just leeching, its far more rewarding.

Milb

Jun 2, 2004
France
ActVTristPwnt said:
EDIT: P.S. For the guy that said he had been playing legitly this whole time and is in Hell Act3 with all wps etc. I have also done this already, thanks. Got a lvl 75 sorc that has killed hell Baal and now just farms Meph, so if you're still only in Act3 on your first char, maybe you should think of getting a better team of people to play with..
Or maybe I'm not the 24/7 guy you're talking about, and I have a real life that passes before D2... :rolleyes:

bladesyz

Jul 8, 2005
Bloodraven's Tomb
I would gladly make cows with a high level char, just so I can level my lower level ones as well, but the problem with that is 50% of the time, when I leave to change char, I can't come back due to game being full.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
If you're playing through the game for the first time, you'll easily get to Level 24 by the time you get to Diablo with just a few extra visits to the City of the Damned. I know, because as a summoner I have to have Summon Resists by then and it's not that hard to get there by Diablo if you're playing the game straight through. Since everyone is just starting out and leveling all their characters they're too busy to do runs. It's ladderplay. That's just the way it's going to be at first. To get cows you have to beat Act 1. Most people who have beat act 1 are too busy moving forward to rush their buddies.