• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Sorry for being rude

Vlardin

Aug 12, 2005
Florida
Sorry for being rude

I started this new thread to apologize to the community for moving in and not throwing that BBQ so that I can introduce myself.

Well, I am an Aquarius, Male, 30ish, 5'10 or so, 220 give or take, medium brown like hair and mostly hazel eyes. Married with one wife, one daughter, one dog (his name is Porthos... yeah like Dumas) and live in the Pan-handle of Florida. I have one of the most exciting jobs EVER. I examine land title for an insurance underwriter. Let me tell you, It's always a good time.

Born and raised in Chicago... WOO HOO BEARS... sorry Rex "the egg shell" Grossman. He's from Florida, what can you expect?

Love playing Diablo LOD. I haven't played anything else in years. Once in a blue moon I will play CIV III. I typically build Barbs, take them to 50ish and then my enthusiasm peters out, put D2X away for a few months and begin again anew and renewed. While I prefer SP, occasionally I will venture to Bnet and play a solo game. Isn't that hilarious? I have only multi char'd once and I have realized that most people do not play the game the way I do. I clear EVERYTHING and gamble like I need GA. Currently I have a lvl 38 barb built for loving... Lovin' to kill those baddies with my hammer... "if i had a hammmer, ill hammer in the morning, etc." My long term goal is to accumulate to IK set and have that certain Glow about me. hehehe

Any hoo, anything else I can add at a later time.

Vlardin (a/k/a Dickie)

p.s. I have a Master's Degree in Human Resource Management with an emphasis on people management. So don't do anything stupid I KNOW how to do with your type... grrrr… J/K… I really do have the degree but I wouldn’t know how to use it. :p

asheley

Aug 15, 2005
tennessee
Vlardin said:
I started this new thread to apologize to the community for moving in and not throwing that BBQ so that I can introduce myself.

Well, I am an Aquarius, Male, 30ish, 5'10 or so, 220 give or take, medium brown like hair and mostly hazel eyes. Married with one wife, one daughter, one dog (his name is Porthos... yeah like Dumas) and live in the Pan-handle of Florida. I have one of the most exciting jobs EVER. I examine land title for an insurance underwriter. Let me tell you, It's always a good time.

Born and raised in Chicago... WOO HOO BEARS... sorry Rex "the egg shell" Grossman. He's from Florida, what can you expect?

Love playing Diablo LOD. I haven't played anything else in years. Once in a blue moon I will play CIV III. I typically build Barbs, take them to 50ish and then my enthusiasm peters out, put D2X away for a few months and begin again anew and renewed. While I prefer SP, occasionally I will venture to Bnet and play a solo game. Isn't that hilarious? I have only multi char'd once and I have realized that most people do not play the game the way I do. I clear EVERYTHING and gamble like I need GA. Currently I have a lvl 38 barb built for loving... Lovin' to kill those baddies with my hammer... "if i had a hammmer, ill hammer in the morning, etc." My long term goal is to accumulate to IK set and have that certain Glow about me. hehehe

Any hoo, anything else I can add at a later time.

Vlardin (a/k/a Dickie)

p.s. I have a Master's Degree in Human Resource Management with an emphasis on people management. So don't do anything stupid I KNOW how to do with your type... grrrr… J/K… I really do have the degree but I wouldn’t know how to use it. :p
Welcome~! and ya know "While I prefer SP, occasionally I will venture to Bnet and play a solo game. Isn't that hilarious? " i do the exact same thing lolol
I am from tennessee ,good to see some more southerners here.

Drandimere

Feb 20, 2004
Welcome to the SPF...

Another married 30-something hanging out with the teens and college kids playing games = me too! ;)

Sorry about Rex! Go Lions!

Atil

Feb 9, 2005
Halifax, UK
Drandimere said:
Another married 30-something hanging out with the teens and college kids playing games = me too! ;)

I prefer to think of it as the young 'uns hanging around us and gaining the benefit of our experience and wisdom. (You tend to get a bit delusional once you pass 40)

Hi Vlardin, enjoy your stay. Another dog lover too :clap:

Rizzo

Jun 21, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Visit site
Vlardin said:
My long term goal is to accumulate to IK set and have that certain Glow about me. hehehe

Welcome to our forum. Hope you'll like it here, but I have a feeling you will. We're not the bunch of nobular l33t kiddos you find on the average cattle.net server. Many of us in here don't even play the game anymore, we just visit the forum to say hi and drop a line.

About the quote; there are many giveaways going on here at the SPF. In the giveaway sticky thread for example. You can also take a look in my Charity Tourney where you can win a full IK set.

Anyways, have a great time in here.
Best regards
Rizzo

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
Welcome to the SPF!

Pfft, the Lions are the Vancouver (Canada) professional football team. :lol:

Jul 3, 2005
Australia
Hey there, welcome!

Just for a nice welcoming gift *cough* to trump Rizzo *cough*, ive got a spare IK armour and maul lying around. its yours if you PM me the names of three great Red Hot Chili Pepper songs (hey, gotta make is *look* like a test, dont i? :D )

see, i help people reach their dreams ;) that would sound good on a CV :lol:

Vargas

Sep 14, 2004
Brazil
SPF ni youkoso (welcome to the SPF) ^-^!

*try kick Vlardin san's shins but can't past trhough Porthos*

Heh, nice dog, that...

*goes to the EMB to search some alchool to ignore the wounds*

water_moon

Jul 19, 2004
IL, USA
You already got the cookies so I can just say "hi" and say that there are pleanty of southerners around here, my hubby (goltar25) and I are from Mississippi. Oh, and anyitme you feel like trowing a BBQ, we have a decked out patio in the EMB, perfect for that kinda thing ;)

Vlardin

Aug 12, 2005
Florida
Thanks for the warm welcom

I am posting this as a means of closure. Thank you for your responses. I think that this forum is a worthwhile collection of characters (pun fully intended) to "hang out" with...

Thanks Again

tenaka

Jun 22, 2003
Surrounded by idiots
Vlardin said:
Married with one wife, one daughter, one dog (his name is Porthos... yeah like Dumas) and live in the Pan-handle of Florida.

I like the touch of pointing out how many wives you have.

Vlardin said:

Thats ok, we'll be better off when Orton takes over than we would have been with Rex anyway.