• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Some Trapsin Q's :P

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
Some Trapsin Q's :p

Ok, i have a lvl 67 trapper on us east ladder atm, following jrichards guide to the letter. Im going Ls/Ds/Fb.

My gear is mostly rares///shopped items, and i have +6 skills, max res in nm, 900ish life and everything is going smoothly.

However, i am undecided on some gear. Should i use 2X+3 trap claws with 2X +3 shadow claws on switch for buffing fade///SM, OR should i have that buff and use 2X +2 all assasin skills claws to also help my WB (its at ~40% atm, the guide doesnt suggest more points to it, but 50% (lvl10) is very useful)

Also why greater talons? I have been shopping nm anya and curently have my claws but they are scissors katar//claws and now it seems that 79 base strngth///dex seems a waste, i shoould have gone 55///55. I realise that greater talons are faster but he said trap laying speed doesnt matter. ALso the chances of finding a +3///+ LS greater talon claw seems slim.

Somebody who has played this build help me out!

And yeah what should i socket claws. I am thinking 15 res all jewels.

Thanks!

Fred

Jan 28, 2004
Tower Grump-1.11 SC RRM/RWM
fredsta54 said:
Ok, i have a lvl 67 trapper on us east ladder atm, following jrichards guide to the letter. Im going Ls/Ds/Fb.

My gear is mostly rares///shopped items, and i have +6 skills, max res in nm, 900ish life and everything is going smoothly.

However, i am undecided on some gear. Should i use 2X+3 trap claws with 2X +3 shadow claws on switch for buffing fade///SM, OR should i have that buff and use 2X +2 all assasin skills claws to also help my WB (its at ~40% atm, the guide doesnt suggest more points to it, but 50% (lvl10) is very useful)

Also why greater talons? I have been shopping nm anya and curently have my claws but they are scissors katar//claws and now it seems that 79 base strngth///dex seems a waste, i shoould have gone 55///55. I realise that greater talons are faster but he said trap laying speed doesnt matter. ALso the chances of finding a +3///+ LS greater talon claw seems slim.

Somebody who has played this build help me out!

And yeah what should i socket claws. I am thinking 15 res all jewels.

Thanks!
Fred

I went with this build for the reset too. My traper is now level 87.

I found one bartuc(NM cows) and traded for another. I prefer the plus 2 sin skills to 3 trap skills. I socketed mine with rare magic find jewels I found along the way. I also found Naj plate and socketed with perfect topaz. Using 3 PTopaz helm. Rare boots (reisists and MF), gloves(resists and MF), belt. A 29 nagel I found and a rare MF ring. A 35MF amulet with no other mods.

So far my charms are a grand lightning resist, a mana GC, and a shadow skiller with 25 life I cubed from a NM cow GC with the odd small resist charms thrown in. My lightning resist is maxed and the others are "good enough."

I've been running without a merc. I was suprised I could run Pindle with just my shadow. I only aborted one Pindle run, and that because of a poor casting of my shadow. I cast her at level 14 and she survives just fine.

I cant check my character right now to see exactly how much MF I have (around 250 I think) because for some odd reason I just got realm down on my sorc (level27.) I had done ancients, which took a little while and joined another game for a couple of minutes for a Baal run till a higher level character decided to go hostile and destroy the run. I guess he wanted to save Baal for himself. Anyways I exited and got realm down.

zapotek

Aug 6, 2005
Sweden
fredsta54 said:

I have a lvl75 hcLadder Trappsin with a build like yours. I would say that using weapon switch in order to cast your shadow is a personal preference based on your playstyle.
I for example have a very weak shadow with only 1 hardpoint invested. So I recast her maybe once every 8 seconds or so in order to reposition/respawn her. For me it wouldn't be practical to weapon switch every time I do this since she would still die very easily and be weak.
If you are putting several points in the shadow then I think the switch option is worth it since the master will not have to be recast so often because of its strenght.