• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Some stuff i need to know.

Jun 28, 2004
Some stuff i need to know.

There is one thing that i need to know. What is perming? I hear ppl talking about it all over the place.

Also another question, just out of curiosity, when u enter the d2 screen u see "battle.net", the gateway and this other option called "other multiplayer games.( what is this?)"

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
perming a verb "to permanent" which really doesnt exist

basically it's a way to keep duped items and runes. But it really doesn't work although some people believe in it. I saw my friend perm his 1.08 valk helm in a game and the next game he joined, it poofed on him.

There are two other multiplayer options: open bnet and ip games

open bnet is where you can play with your single player games but its flooded with hacks.

You have to connect to a host's ip to play their game. It's supported in the sp forum.

Jun 28, 2004
ohh..so there is no way of transferring yur b net account into open? Just to get things straight. Open b net is pointless anyway.

dang79

Feb 18, 2004
ThePowerOfHammers said:
There is one thing that i need to know. What is perming? I hear ppl talking about it all over the place.

Also another question, just out of curiosity, when u enter the d2 screen u see "battle.net", the gateway and this other option called "other multiplayer games.( what is this?)"

To perm is to make curls in your hair, you get this done at a hairdresser. :p

Jenarrll

May 12, 2005
Tennessee
perming/ parking

some people also interchange perming and parking as in parking a character to get the 2 hours of game time in for a new character