• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Some basic questions about pallys

olivine

Aug 13, 2005
Some basic questions about pallys

I have not played diablo 2 for about 2 years, and I when I did, it was not very serious. I am going to start playing again, this time a little more seriously and I have decided to start with a palladin, so my question is, which type of palladin would be best for pvm, mostly soloing. I am starting from scratch, so I will not have good equipment, Also I would like to play a type that relies a little more on skill and strategy than uber equipment. Fun is the biggest factor. If there are any other classes other than paladins that meet the guidelines mentioned above I would like to hear about them.

thanks

Jan 1, 2005
sweden
olivine said:
I have not played diablo 2 for about 2 years, and I when I did, it was not very serious. I am going to start playing again, this time a little more seriously and I have decided to start with a palladin, so my question is, which type of palladin would be best for pvm, mostly soloing. I am starting from scratch, so I will not have good equipment, Also I would like to play a type that relies a little more on skill and strategy than uber equipment. Fun is the biggest factor. If there are any other classes other than paladins that meet the guidelines mentioned above I would like to hear about them.

thanks

teh words best and fun can be used in teh same sentence when talking about paladin guide's/build's!

hammerdin is most effective from scratch and soloing ATM
but almost every other paladin build is x3 funnier

Swerdlow

Jun 28, 2005
Holy Freeze Zealot is a fun, effective build for untwinked play. I'm making one for the new ladder. There's a good guide in the strategy compendium.

However, if you're looking for pure efficiency, it's true that hammerdins are the most powerful PvM build.