• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Nightfish

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Well, it's time for another break from D2 for me. Actually I've been taking that break since my last guardian about a month ago. Game just lost it's charm once again, as it does from time to time. It's not the new patch or anything. I just think I did most of the things I can reasonably do with this game. After a while you've kinda seen it all. Played pretty much every character variant, the ones that are left only marginally differ from the previous builds. MF'd my *** off, well, not really but I'm at 89% of the SF HC grail despite not running that much. Good drops don't really bring that rush feeling anymore that they used to when I was teh noob. All in all I think I just exhausted the possibilities of the game for me. Not to mention that I've got bigger fish to fry like my thesis and stuff...

Unlike some of the other guys that go, I'm not pretending that I leave completely, I know I won't. (if nothing else, I gotta see the day when serdash makes the "week in review" thread somehow) I'll just be around a lot less and there'll be no more attentionwhoring "OmG!1!! WaTcH TeH LeEt GuArDianZorrsSs!!!11!!" -threads in the foreseeable future.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank the people that gave me positive feedback, be that on guides or guardians or just in random places. (Especially to the ones that used one of my guides besides the skellymancer ;)) And while I'm at it, shoutout to the people that bring reason to some of the more heated discussions, regardless of what gets tempers flaring at any given time.

Well, that's it from me. See ya around people. :teeth:

corax

Jan 11, 2004
australia
so devon makes a 'i r b4ck gib it4mz'
than NF makes a 'i r g0ing i k33p it4nmz f00'

conspiracy? probably. tragedy? not really. skelliemancer? definetly.

Personally i was a big fan of your zerker guide. i lubbed it. :D

phatbrava

Apr 13, 2005
Romania
www.tmbase.ro
see ya later Nightfish!
it has always been a pleasure reading your thoughts about the game :fish:
after beating the game with a fishy, i've recently started a TS/DS Ribcracker Sin.

Have a great real life!
Cheers and thanx for everything,
phatbrava

SeDnA

Dec 16, 2004
Singapore
Your guides and pointers were very helpful. Hopefully all goes well in your life - no obstacles :D

See you next week :lol: You'll be back!

TheWormishOne

May 10, 2005
Oslo, Norway
Being a relativly fledling forumite, I've not thought it was my place to post in all these "good bye"-threads, but I've got to butt in here. Allthough I've been an active poster for just a couple of months, I've been hanging around Diabloii.net since the very begining, and have come to know many of you long-timers better than you might think.

Nihtfish, your guides and posts have taught me a great deal about this game, and it's too bad I was never registered to give you the feedback you deserved. It's also too bad your universal make-your-own-build-guide never got off the ground. I'll wish you good luck with you RL endeavors, but I hope you'll be back soon :thumbsup:

And if anyone, it's we who should be saying "thanks for all the fish!"

Masas

Jun 27, 2004
Lithuania
Good luck in RL, and with your thesis, about Giant Man-eating Brazilian Ants (OK, maybe I'm overestimating them a bit). Also have another fish while your still around: *slings a trout at Nightfish*

StillMyst

Jul 27, 2005
New Delhi, India
Though I've only been on the forums for a bit, I've been reading them for a long time, and your guides and thoughts on the game are amongst the best I've read. Thoughtful, very well written, and easy to understand, they really help me (amongst others, your untwinked HC 'zerker). Take care, good luck on the thesis.