• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Smole or Lionheart for pvm trapper

Norcim105

Jan 26, 2005
Colorado
Smole or Lionheart for pvm trapper

Hi, I have aquired the runes to make *either* lionheart or smoke runewords. I have a lvl 65 asn on us west hardcore. My biggest question is since I already have 79in str and dex is lionheart worth it for the vit, life, and nrg or should i go for smokes res. Both put me in positive res for hell. Any input is appreciated. Thx

ilkori

May 23, 2004
Pool of Beginnings
Tough call - they're both good. I think the part that tips me towards smoke is the 20 FHR.

I don't play HC, so you may want a second opinion (now where did BeB and jrichard go?)

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
You might also want to consider the Treachery runeword. Awesome mods for an assassin, but you'll have to make up for the lost resists elsewhere. As for smoke and lionheart, I'd go with Smoke.

Glakor

Mar 12, 2005
lionheart of course. the +stats are just amazing for its price, and the -req is more or less essential for a trapper in order to take the slack off of stre req for armor in order for you to distribute more points into vital or dex to achieve max block. it sounds like your resists are fine either way and you can always pick up a few resist sc's on your way. gl with w/e you decide to go with :thumbsup: