• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Skill plan for a Faithzon.

chipmc

May 17, 2004
Skill plan for a Faithzon.

I've decided to take a little break from ladder and play around with that Faith I made a few days before the reset. Keep in mind, I haven't made a multizon in a *long* time and this is my first Faith, so bear with me here.

Bow skills:

Guided - 20
Multishot - 10-ish (not sure what the consensus here is on this)

Passive skills:

Critical Strike - 6 (8 after +skills)
D/A/E - Whatever's left
Valkyrie - 20
Pierce - 7 (9 after +skills and Razortail for 100%)
Penetrate - ???

Regarding Penetrate, do I even need to level this? Or does Faith's ITD make this skill useless? And what's everyone's take on how high Multishot should be raised?

XZON

Feb 27, 2004
chipmc said:
I've decided to take a little break from ladder and play around with that Faith I made a few days before the reset. Keep in mind, I haven't made a multizon in a *long* time and this is my first Faith, so bear with me here.

Bow skills:

Guided - 20
Multishot - 10-ish (not sure what the consensus here is on this)

Passive skills:

Critical Strike - 6 (8 after +skills)
D/A/E - Whatever's left
Valkyrie - 20
Pierce - 7 (9 after +skills and Razortail for 100%)
Penetrate - ???

Regarding Penetrate, do I even need to level this? Or does Faith's ITD make this skill useless? And what's everyone's take on how high Multishot should be raised?

I wouldn't bother maxing guided. rather see you max a PI/boss killer like magic arrow. Pierce is not as important as it is for a straffer. I really don't need to explaine why to you. I'd skip the razortail and throw on a tgods for safety or something. ITD is incredible. You also get such an ar boost from the bow itself and the additional plus skills that 1 in penetrate will yield 16k+ attack rating when it's over (probably much higher). overall I think I like 16 arrows. Not sure of the exact skill level that achieves this. I have been able to maintaine enough mana with 6% leech with 16 arrows. It seems to be plenty to cover your target area thoroughly.

Leohappy

Mar 26, 2005
Slovenia
I find level 13 Multishot good enough. It's quite rare to encounter more than 14 monsters at the same time. Could actually do with less if manaleech was a problem.

I'd recommend Strafe or Magic arrow as a backup skill for PvM Faithzon. I wouldn't recommend guided.

My zons usually have lvl 16 crit strike after +skills, and pierce is ~75%.

chipmc

May 17, 2004
So, maxed Magic Arrow would be better than maxed Guided for bosses like Hell Baal? PI's won't be too big of a problem seeing as my merc will use a Reaper's. (Don't have the Pride to go along with the Faith/Fort like most do)

Now that you mention it, I think I will use a T-Gods. She'll already have maxed resists in hell, along with 80 lightning resists thanks to the Fort. Gloams are gonna be a joke.

Wish

May 13, 2005
my zon build can tank hell solo with out a problem

build set up

GA-maxed
Multi-10
Strife-3-still adding points
cs-maxed
dodge/avoid/evade--10
pen-1
this is with out my +skill items/charms

but she not pvm..

but know that i seen this post iam thinking about evening out strife/MA to be more stronger in pvm,, so i can have a pvp/pvm bowazon

XZON

Feb 27, 2004
chipmc said:
So, maxed Magic Arrow would be better than maxed Guided for bosses like Hell Baal? PI's won't be too big of a problem seeing as my merc will use a Reaper's. (Don't have the Pride to go along with the Faith/Fort like most do)

Now that you mention it, I think I will use a T-Gods. She'll already have maxed resists in hell, along with 80 lightning resists thanks to the Fort. Gloams are gonna be a joke.

No doubt. Magic maxed uses zero mana and zero arrows (actuall less than max but might as well max it). nice if you get mana burned by baal and does about the same damage as guided (most boss's have higher physical resistance than magic resistance). Stone skin PI's are the only ones you wont be able to get with reapers. Magic will help you there also.

Slow missles with tgods and you can run around like an idiot with a whole screen of golmes and they will barely touch you. Got to love that :)

You will tear everything up pretty quick even without the pride. You will kill boss's faster with reapers than with pride anyway. It's all good.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
He never specified pvp or a large amount of skill pts invested in dodge/avoid/evade. Therefore i assume he is talking about pvm in which case guided arrow level 20 is a joke.

chipmc

May 17, 2004
Yes, she'll be PvM.

And I don't need anymore convincing. So, let's scrap Guided.

Magic Arrow - 20
Multi - 10+ (may even max this if I'm so inclined)

Strafe was suggested as a backup to Multi, but two multi-target skills seems kinda redundant to me.

As far as Passives go, 20 Valkyrie and 20 Pierce since T-Gods is standing out as the belt for this build. 8 or so for Critcal Strike and whatever floats my boat for D/A/E.