• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Shrines and Curses

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Shrines and Curses

Well, I went to Anya, to get at least some resists :) Down in the Frozen River, I came across an Exp Shrine, and used it. However, the map had all those Witch-type flying things with their special curse(?), so I expected to loose the Exp Shrine long before it expired.

Well, I didn't. For some reason, my minions got the curse all the time, but I managed to keep my Exp thing. So now I'm wondering --- was I just lucky, or is this a special type of curse that doesn't override shrines?

Harleyquin

Apr 12, 2005
I've had a similar experience. I think the programming was changed so that the defence curse isn't cast on the player under an active shrine. However if you are hit by a cursed monster the amp damage will override the shrine effect immediately

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
Myrakh-2 said:
Well, I went to Anya, to get at least some resists :) Down in the Frozen River, I came across an Exp Shrine, and used it. However, the map had all those Witch-type flying things with their special curse(?), so I expected to loose the Exp Shrine long before it expired.

Well, I didn't. For some reason, my minions got the curse all the time, but I managed to keep my Exp thing. So now I'm wondering --- was I just lucky, or is this a special type of curse that doesn't override shrines?
Those witches won't curse you while under the influence of a shrine. Everything else keeps on cursing. But if they cast it on a minion and you're in range, you'd still lose the shrine tho.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
RTB said:
Those witches won't curse you while under the influence of a shrine. Everything else keeps on cursing. But if they cast it on a minion and you're in range, you'd still lose the shrine tho.

Ah... so I suppose my attempt to stay away from the witches (which means I also kept distance to my own minions, since they chased the witches...) did pay off --- I guess the range of the curse in normal difficulty just wasn't enough to hit me as well :)