• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Serious problem with torchs

the boss

Aug 2, 2005
Serious problem with torchs

Hey all,

I went into a trading room of a torch trade, and the owner of the torch was willing to trade me....But how the HECK do i trade torch when you have to drop your item, it can be easily tricked by other ppl if you're not careful.
Therefore i refuse to trade the barb torch that i wanted and left, because i thought he had some little tricky ideas over me
It's just so hard to TRADE torchs, its hard to trust other ppl to do this.
Has anyone ever trade torchs??

Maybe i can just try to Ubers.....(It's hard)

Any idea of this case?

Stixxx

Jun 24, 2004
the torch trade is similar to the anni trade. both has to be ground traded. so if you really wanna trade one, you come to here. in the trading section are enough trustworthy players who will trade with you without scamming you. :thumbsup:

edit: be sure that you trade with a player who has a reasonable postcount. these you can trust for sure (or someone must say otherwise)

CoRRuPt-OnE

Nov 17, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
yea with big trades its a really good idea if you come here. People are very trustworthy. For instance, i traded my anni here and i let the guy drop about 5 different high runes on the ground because they were on all different characters and once he was all set we traded. Its a better place to do your trades :D .

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
although people here are much more trustworthy, there is no guarantee. there is always a chance that someone could cheat you and there is really nothing you could do about it. if that person is well known in the trading forums, and you have screenshots as proof, then you could destroy their reputation, but you still wouldnt get your stuff back. i do a lot of trading, but i refuse to trade annis, hellfires, and gheeds. if you do it enough, eventually youll get scammed.

Merick

Jun 22, 2003
Fractal Land, Nebraska
www.xanga.com
lonnie913 said:
although people here are much more trustworthy, there is no guarantee. there is always a chance that someone could cheat you and there is really nothing you could do about it. if that person is well known in the trading forums, and you have screenshots as proof, then you could destroy their reputation, but you still wouldnt get your stuff back. i do a lot of trading, but i refuse to trade annis, hellfires, and gheeds. if you do it enough, eventually youll get scammed.

Many people get a mod to help trade the unique charms, mods aren't going to scam you.
Also, if you have screens the person will ripped you off will get banned I believe, and anyone with several hundred posts probably won't want that.

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
Merick said:
Many people get a mod to help trade the unique charms, mods aren't going to scam you.
Also, if you have screens the person will ripped you off will get banned I believe, and anyone with several hundred posts probably won't want that.

also true. i just dont want to give anyone the false impression that this place is immune to cheaters and scammers.