• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Semi OT: Blizzard banned cd-keys using MH

TheWormishOne

May 10, 2005
Oslo, Norway
I never had any problem with laughing at other people's anguish, and in this particular case it feels outright good; like strawberries on a mellow morning in june.

:clap:

What is not funny, however, are the claims that a few supposedly legit players have also been banned. Don't know if there's any truth to them, though.

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
But now after 1.11 maybe the souls of the maphacker's will be saved ;)

TheWormishOne said:
What is not funny, however, are the claims that a few supposedly legit players have also been banned. Don't know if there's any truth to them, though.

I haven't heard anyone get banned that hasn't been using MH at any point...

It doesn't really matter if you get banned or not since you always can play SP and buy a new copy of the game anyway ;D

Shagsbeard

Jul 12, 2004
Central California Coast
How do you think they get new sales of their game? I've always wondered why they didn't ban more often. I can understand a monthly fee game not wanting to ban left and right, but a one time fee game should be in there getting cheaters at any excuse. The problem with map hack is that it's so adictive that if you start using it, you wont play the game without it. I've never used it, more for fear of keyloggers and such, but I could tell you that once I did use it, it would be hard to go back. I've played games with the feature, and pretty much couldn't play them without it.

Tarr

Jul 8, 2003
I'm just still laughing at the point that something with "hack" in it's name "is not a cheat."

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
I appreciate that something is being done, but what about botters, trade hackers and such? They're more serious than map hackers IMO.

Uzziah

Feb 20, 2004
Tarr said:
I'm just still laughing at the point that something with "hack" in it's name "is not a cheat."

nethack, dot.hack I can think of a few more :D

But yeah when that one guy said that "MapHack" is not a cheat, I about rolled on the floor.

Tarr

Jul 8, 2003
Nethack is a hack, since you can't win :lol:

For dupers and botters? Of course that's worse than maphack, and they should be banned. They're also ostensibly harder to catch. Harder to catch if you're a ninny and don't recognize the way the bots name games and the probability that the guy trading 20 zods in the ladder trade channel probably duped them or knows someone who did.

Bottom line? Battle.net still sucks, and always will.

colony

Jul 26, 2003
UK
So that's why there are hardly any Hell WSK runs on the ladder ATM :teeth:

I hope there aren't bots/dupes out yet, but I'll just have to wait and see

nepeta

Sep 19, 2004
The Netherlands
Bnet is awfull, really. I started a meteorb sorc on ladder to see the ueber 3, but so far it's been going REALLY slow, and that's not because of the lack of items. Only 1 in every 10 people is a sensible person, that will respond to questions, remarks, whatever. The rest is just busy rushing themselves and begging for help when they find themselves at ancients being only L20... I thought, if you talk to them, they talk back, but apparently not... My bad. Oh well, my matlist suggests I have some patience, so I suppose I can sit this through as well :(

Dec 16, 2004
I just read on Arreats Summit that 28k people had their account suspended for 1 month, while only 3k got cd key banned. IMHO, if you're trying to show folks that cheating won't be tollerated, then don't bother with the 30 day ban nonsense. You grab the horse by the balls and permaban the first time around, no questions asked. Do they really think that suspending someone for 30 days will make any difference?? IMO, it will not.

/my 2 cents

Underdawg

Jul 4, 2005
W
The walls of the www.purediablo.com forums are being attacked!

Meaning: there has been a large influx of new people joining these forums since 1.11 came out. Many of them probably Ex-Bnet mentality or still Bnet mentality. Man everytime I go to the BNet Forums I feel like my IQ drops a considerable amount. :lol: Good thing I got lots left :cool:

/Thats MY 2 Cents