• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Second user on computer cannot connect to B-net

superc0ntra

Jun 24, 2004
Second user on computer cannot connect to B-net

I have no roblems what so ever running D2 but my wife who is running on another user account on my computer cannot connect to battle.net

I am usually logged in as administrator (win 2k) and everything works fine. She has an account that is part of the administrators group (but not THE administrator) as well but when she tries to connect the realms are not the usual (Europe, US east etc) but instead it says "Broodwar.com", "intranet 0.0.0.0" and two others that I can't remember. Does anyone have a solution. It's the same game installed and the same computer. Ports 1612 and 4000 are open in the firewall.
Thanx

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
She running as administrator, so the bugged installation of D2 isn't a problem. One potential problem ruled out.

Now, she's seeing other Gateways than you do. I believe gateways are stored in the registry, and I think that (quite surprising) Blizzard is using the correct registry branches --- which means she has her own version of the D2 registry keys.

My assumption is that some external program changed the gateway entries for her. I would try searching for these contents first, or just delete all the Blizzard registry keys from her branch. D2 doesn't need any registry keys, so it will still be working --- it will just forget the settings.

superc0ntra

Jun 24, 2004
That was my first assumption but I couldn't find anything in the registry indicating what realms were to be listed but the registry hides strange things.
I'll try deleting the D2 entries for her hkey_current_user and see what happens. I don't know what can have happened since she has a newly created user,