• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

scripts???

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
scrip = description

they want you to read the description of the game which allows more letters than game names.

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
when you create a game you can select a 'game name' and a 'description'. when you browse through games to join, single click a game name. it will show you how many players are in the game, the players names, and their levels. it will also show you a 'description' if the creator of the game wrote one.

people will use this to type things that wouldnt normally fit in the 'game name' box. it might say something like 'need shako, hoz, hoto, enigma'.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
Well, at first I thought it was a computer script, for a hack or a bot (you see games all the time "O MH N Soj/Torch/Anni", "Free HACK here", etc)

Wouldn't description be easier referred to as Desc?

qscwdvefzrax

Oct 4, 2004
Dawnmaster said:
Well, at first I thought it was a computer script, for a hack or a bot (you see games all the time "O MH N Soj/Torch/Anni", "Free HACK here", etc)

Wouldn't description be easier referred to as Desc?
I must have missed that memo about B.net becoming a where logic and reasoning prevails.

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
Yes, dawnmaster, description would be referred to as desc, but you must think...How many games are made with the description being used? If we all used "Desc" there would probably already be a game in existance of the name you wanted. Therefore, people use many forms of description. I happen to like Scripto, as in the lighter brand, or scripty. Since most people don't use those anyway.

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
ActVTristPwnt said:
Yes, dawnmaster, description would be referred to as desc, but you must think...How many games are made with the description being used? If we all used "Desc" there would probably already be a game in existance of the name you wanted. Therefore, people use many forms of description. I happen to like Scripto, as in the lighter brand, or scripty. Since most people don't use those anyway.

I have never seen anyone use "Desc" or "Script" actually, only "read" :rolleyes: