• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Saturdaily

seige

Oct 24, 2004
Tassie
Saturdaily

It seems like its my turn for a Saturday thread :) this time.
I'm not overally impressed with rugby. The All Blacks beat Australia in Union tonight. Thats something that doesn't feel or sound right *cries*

On a d2 note. Still playing my nekkid Fishy, Nude Jude who is currently No 3 in the SPHCL which if you haven't gathered, I'm estatic about. Running around nekkid and being in the top 3 is so cool *self plug, but who cares but me*
We are so close to NM Mephie and ready for a huge MF. He better drop so many great items. *fingers crossed*

Have a great weekend everyone. May all your finds be green and gold.

All in the SPHCL, please be careful in your questing and good luck :)

- Jas :howdy:

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
Him i guess it's time for me to start posting in these threads

Started my first sp character after every ones advice decided to go with a blizz sorc

Just got to black marsh level 9 but going back to kill blood raven to get merc also found countess but need merc to help :thumbsup:

going to play for most of the day

on a side note im meleing my way through most of it :lol:

seige hope nude jude does good at finding items :thumbsup:

Edit : Just found my first unique :clap: and it's a felloak club (odd never seen one before)

Aman

nepeta

Sep 19, 2004
The Netherlands
Weekend at last, at 15:00... Well, let's enjoy it anyway :)

Don't know what I'm going to do yet, perhaps another level or 2 (more at a time I cannot do really) of my Bnet sorc, or some MFing, or leveling some chars. Come to think of it, I still've got a sin that needs patting... I'm contemplating ^^

grogs

Sep 1, 2004
Australia
seige said:
It seems like its my turn for a Saturday thread :) this time.
I'm not overally impressed with rugby. The All Blacks beat Australia in Union tonight. Thats something that doesn't feel or sound right *cries*
'Tis a wonderful thing to be a Kiwi living in Oz and supporting the Ab's when they win (doesn't happen enough......) at least the tri nations will be an interesting contest between Nz and SA..........lol

On D2 - running WSK with Ayla the blizz sorc, a belated intro for her below:

Character name : Ayla
Character type : Sorceress
Character level : 94
Character exp : 2392543462

Strength : 103
Energy : 100
Dexterity : 43
Vitality : 299
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 1026 / 771
Mana : 717 / 351
Stamina : 497 / 456

really cool char to play, running Baal atm to restock the items I deleted.......

-Grogs

seige

Oct 24, 2004
Tassie
grogs said:
'Tis a wonderful thing to be a Kiwi living in Oz and supporting the Ab's when they win (doesn't happen enough......) at least the tri nations will be an interesting contest between Nz and SA..........lol

Meh. Your dreams become your nightmares :)

Jude is just about up to Trav. We have just made a 3 soc perfect topaz helm and are looking forward to all these Zods dropping from Mephie. Yes I know *giggles*
Screenies of our MF runs soon if we don't "Deed" in the process.
Good luck with Ayla Grogs. I hope you find many greens and golds.

Have a enjoyable weekend everyone :)

TenYearsGone

Jun 24, 2003
New York
Long time no see...

I've gone to the dark side. I want to try out these new events so for the first time I'm building a bnet char. My Pally is level 18 and soloing through it so far. It kinda sucked with the reset, becasue I got another pally up to lvl 22 and then had to re-start. Oh well. We'll see how long this lasts...

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
Update got to level 15 and at innercloster got all wp's so far

bow merc is kicking ***

died a few times but getting there

On a side note im surpriesed by all the chipped gems im finding decidng what to imbue ..

Just beat andy onto act 2 :clap:

Aman

corax

Jan 11, 2004
australia
uh played ltos of guildwars. then updated to 1.11 then couldnt be bothered with d2 so back to guild wars.

uh worked this morning...twas fun can you say SIX PALLETS OF MILK!!!!

seige

Oct 24, 2004
Tassie
aman said:
On a side note im surpriesed by all the chipped gems im finding decidng what to imbue ..Aman
Aman .... are you playing the 1:11 patch. I was talking to a few friends on MSN with the same thing. I have noticed that I was getting a lot more gems than usual on p/8, especially chipped skulls. They told me I must have a good map which I put it down too.

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
seige said:
Aman .... are you playing the 1:11 patch.

Yeah im playing 1.11 but not been playing on p/8

Just got cube and on maggot lair lvl 2 now just learned teleport :clap:

but got lowish mana. Replaced rouge merc and found my second unique a stealgoad for my merc.

On a sidenote what level should i bee moving onto act 3 , im level 18 the now :thumbsup:

Aman

TheWormishOne

May 10, 2005
Oslo, Norway
Can't say I've noticed any increase in the rate of gems, chipped or otherwise...

I'm still fooling around with my Frenzybarb, still going /players1 and doing full clears, but I couldn't resist the temptation to twink a Manald Heal (d'oh! :shhh: ) I cleared the Maggot Lair last session, and think I'll have a go at getting through act2 before the night is over.

@Aman: I'm usually in the low twenties when I hit act 3.

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Noodle Compound
Got tired of Pit runs with my Fanatic Zealot, so blitzed through Acts II and III in a sitting. Nothing of any real importance to report. Best find to date is a +2 Arkaine's Valor in the Pit last night. He pwns with halfway decent equipment - right now he's using:

Kira's Guardian
Monk's Amulet of Frost (+1 to Pally skills)
HoZ
Guardian Angel
Baranar's Star
String of Ears
War Trav's
Dracul's Grasp
Ravenfrost
Manald Heal

He does a shade over 3K max damage per zeal hit, and is immortal when life tap hits. Meph went down easily with Smite, although I'm thinking of throwing a Guillaume's Face or even Crushflange in the stash for some Crushing Blow against Diablo and Baal (once I get there.) Any thoughts?

Have a great weekend, everyone.

- Noodle

Jun 17, 2005
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hmmm.. Well I started out at act 2 norm with my fishy, joined up in a MP game ( I didn't catch anyones forum name.. except for Fodder ) and I got from lvl 23-29 and from act 2 to act 5. He's got some pretty good gear for his lvl ( +6 skills as of now ) and I'm pleasently suprised how fast he can kill. :thumbsup:

Registrar

Aug 13, 2005
San Diego, CA
Happy Saturday!

Last night I played until the wee hours, bringing my newest Necromancer, Life, who is happily fully funded with items, through act 3. He's very stoked about the whole thing and hopes to keep moving onward.

Also, a few runs on my magic find sorceress, Fun, yielded nothing of note.

This morning I slogged down to the local beach, walked within 200 yards of the water, then almost vomited. It smelled like crap, and looked like crap. Oh well, at least I have D2. :D

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Noodle Compound
Registrar said:
This morning I slogged down to the local beach, walked within 200 yards of the water, then almost vomited. It smelled like crap, and looked like crap. Oh well, at least I have D2. :D

Where on earth do you live?

- Noodle

Jun 3, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Started moving foward with my Windydruid last night, but my desire to play him is signficantly less than it was when I played my Frenzy barb. Managed to mule over the Aldur set; two resists almost maxed, fire's at 11, and poison's still negative. Think I'll have to switch in a LoH for fire resists, plus maybe an Atma's Scarab for Poison/ctc Amp Damage (time will tell if the Amp Damage will come into play, since I'll have to smack ghosts and such with my mace before it'll kick in... and my AR is at maybe 50% chance to hit). Progressed from Outer Cloister to Arcane Sanctuary, A2, Hell. Slow-ish going; think I'll need to find something that'll grant FCR, too.

Still nothing about my car. 'Nuff said.

Today I got my hair cut at my usual place. I don't have a regular "stylist" that works on me every time, but I ended up having this *beautiful* girl work on me today. She had done my hair once before around September '04, but I'm kind of shy and my tongue gets tied around cute chicks, so I never really volunteered much information the first time through. Today, though, she knew my name, knew what I did for work when I was last there, how exactly I liked my hair to be done, and remembered that I [grudgingly] live with my parents. Of course, it's kind of their job to be personable with their customers; gets them better tips. BUT, we were chatting a bit, she was asking me if I had done anything fun over the summer. And then she asked me, "So, what're you doing tonight?"

...I was stunned. I had my answer ready in my head, but I couldn't get it out. I fumbled on my words for a few seconds, then I mumbled "I've got to work tonight... for a little while..." And then I clammed up.

*smacks forehead w/palm*

Idiot!! We had JUST been talking about her in a BIKINI for God's sake, and I blow it so bad. Didn't tell her what time I was out, didn't ask her if she had plans, didn't ask her if Saturday night translates into Going Out and Meeting Boys night... nope, I blew it big time. ...I think I'll have to go back in on Monday and ask her opinion whether one of my sideburns is a little crooked...

....girls.... and their power over me.... and their stuff I don't have.... and they smell like flowers...... GAAAGGAAAARRH

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mar 23, 2005
Scotland
Update on my blizz sorc ..

level 19 after a tough time with the summoner and a hard time in the tomb finally got to duriel and almost killed her just a wee bit to go :clap:

Aman

Jake_b74

Jul 5, 2003
oregon
Let me tell you something folks. NEVER share your cd-key with a friend, NEVER. Becuase you never know when they will do something STUPID like using map hack. So this is how my b.net experience went. Yay! The ladders reset. *thinks to self, HRMM maybe i can be on top of the ladder!!* Well all goes well, it is rather hard getting to hell, and then getting threw hell. And once i got to hell, people looked to me for damage! Me being a windy druid ( the first i ever made). I am thinking, well i really dont know what the hell i am doing, so i just start using tornado and look! EVERYTHING IS GETTING OWNED, slowly =\ . So we make it to act 5 hell, i think on the third day of the ladder being reset, maybe second. The anceints where a push over with 2 summoner necros. So let the baal runs commence. I am having fun, while my friend is slowly kreeping up into act 4 nightmare ( him not beign a power gamer like me ). I am 2 on druid list, the only person ahead of me is a druid, ( that hates me becuase i am the second druid, and keeping trying to kill me in someway) named "oh". I dont mind i am somewhat happy becuase of this ->
Thats me "frith" before my friend ****ed everything up

I thought i was hot ****, till i logged off to look at a mule. and got the message " your cd-key has been disabled from battle.net" blah blah blah. So right after that i call my friend up and have quite a few.., no a lot of "kind" words of choice for him, we are not talking to eachother at the moment. So now, well now i am playing single again, not a bad deal i guess, single seems to be more fun. Only one problem, i dont know if my cd-key being banned from battle.net affects open games, and tcp/ip games becuase, well i cant join/host on open, nore on tcp/ip so my assassin. That i had just gotten into act 5, and worked my *** off running away from a whole lot of ****, to get to anceints way. Can not kill the anceints, becuase one of them is always lighting immune, and my merc goes down like a fly on the first swing of anything up there. So i wanted to mp, but i dont know if i ever will be able to. Can anyone tell me if its maybe something else besides my ****ed up cd-key :confused: ?

By the way, just to clear things up, that pic was taking sometime last week, i am sure everyone is a whole lot higher level now.