• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Rune Master & It's Sockets

Ravenforce3

Jan 15, 2004
Where The Rivers Run Clean
Rune Master & It's Sockets

Upon finding my fifth Rune Master, I have begun to wonder about making a dual wielding axe barb with them. However, I have no idea what to socket into them, other than enough shaels to make the breakpoints. Anyone else have any ideas on what I could put in?

Zarhrezz

Jul 3, 2003
Delft, The Netherlands
4 times Eth will give 84% chance to hit hell Baal at lvl 72, which will increase nicely with levels...completely independant of AR. Could be good on a Werebear or something.

Vorbiss

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
This weapon is useless in my opinion...Even if it's perfect ED and socks, and you socket it with 40/15s, Ohms, Ber and Lo runes, there are still better uniques...

DurfBarian

Jun 22, 2003
Tokyo
So what? Maybe the axes are cool. Maybe the player wants to build an axe frenzier with them. There's no reason to succumb to the battle.net "has to be the best possible weapon numerically speaking" way of thinking . . .

I suggest perfect topazes for the MF. :teeth:

DuesNox

Jun 22, 2003
New Hampshire
DurfBarian said:
So what? Maybe the axes are cool. Maybe the player wants to build an axe frenzier with them. There's no reason to succumb to the battle.net "has to be the best possible weapon numerically speaking" way of thinking . . .

I suggest perfect topazes for the MF. :teeth:

... P topazes don't work on weapons. you sleepy or somthing?

Ravenforce3

Jan 15, 2004
Where The Rivers Run Clean
Vorbiss said:
This weapon is useless in my opinion...Even if it's perfect ED and socks, and you socket it with 40/15s, Ohms, Ber and Lo runes, there are still better uniques...
Nothing is completely useless. So what if there are better? I still want to see what happens.

Well, I guess that means I need to start cubing up some ed/ias jewels now. Oh, well.

GooberGrape

Jan 24, 2004
if you've got 5 of them, Pul a set just for Baal. the damage should get ridiculous with a zerker.

Crudesash68

Jun 25, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Visit site
Well, I guess it depends on what your playing style is. Obviously by finding this many, you have a solid high-level character, so I would suggest running the WSK/Baal or the pit, find many jewels, and cube them until you get some Ruby Jewels of Fervor, to max the damage and speed.

Conversely, if you wanted to give them to a charcater quickly and didn't want to spend God-knows-how-long cubing, throw some Shaels & Amns in there, so he can leech and swing faster....but keep cubing. Once you find the uber-jewels, pop out the cheapie runes from the axes, throw in your jewels, and let her rip!

Steve