• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Ruined Already..

Volvagia

Jun 20, 2005
North Carolina
Ruined Already..

Well, I started up climbing the ladder as soon as East got back up (was in the top 20 for awhile...until I had to pee, then dropped about 100 places :( ). The biggest thing I was looking forward too with the new patch, and Ladder reset right behind was everyone starting from scratch, playing the game it was meant to be played. Well, somebody decided to slap me in the face.

I've only been leveling in pub games since with a fickle work schedule (especially being the new guy) I couldnt really commit to a good group from the forums. And well, my pub game made it all the way too Catacombs before.."This way, I have mh." Of course, everyone was cheering, and following. I couldnt exactly ignore them and find my own way, since we would end up at the same place eventually, and I would just miss out on the exp. So reluctantly, I followed, we killed Andy. Spent about a total of 20-30 minutes in Act2 before a couple of my friends who never converted to Ladder got on wanted to play some on NL since we havnt since before the last reset (when I converted, and later took about a year off).

There is some satisfaction in knowing that the only available maphack out now has a keylogger, so these morons will regret it eventually, but it still cant stop them from ruining the experience for others.

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
You think the MH is bad, I've been watching some other boards that have a bit less restrictions on hack discussion and they are getting scammed by the boatloads trying to get the latest versions of AA, Farcast, etc. Within a day around 1/5th of their population seemed to up and quit on account of getting hacked. It's a fine day to be legit. :D

About time someone decided to take it to the cheaters.

MauJ

Jun 9, 2005
UsEast SCL
Phishy said:
Hahaha. It's a vicious cycle.

At least they're not scamming newbies anymore. Now they're just going after hackers...errr well I guess they are still scamming the newbies

The newbie hackers :)

Intolerance

Jul 4, 2003
Tampa, FL
www.trueachievements.com
Actually, the ladder reset was ruined when people started running Hell Baal. I marathoned it with 7 friends on East HC and we were the top 8 on the ladder when we quit playing at 6am, 12 hours after reset. We had just beaten the High Council in act 3 hell and I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Had the reset been a few hours earlier, we may have been the first group to beat hell Baal, which was our goal. Some of the group have kept going- we're the ones with the 'FtW' tag.

I woke up yesterday after 2 hours of sleep to see that we were still the top 8 and that there were no Guardians, but my required day of work guaranteed that I couldn't play with the group when they resumed. When I got home, there were indeed Guardians (including some members of my group), and they helped me through Meph, act4, and act5, but it wasn't the same as it would have been if I was with them for the first trip through. We did a couple of Baal runs when I realized that the fun was gone.

It was a good run and some of the most fun I've had with D2. Hopefully there will be regular resets- the sooner the better since the first day of rushing through the quests is what I enjoy.

I couldn't find a dang bow, that threw a wrench in the thing quick, I'm basically stuck waiting now for someone to sell a WF or I could try and get some mid lvl stuff like goldstrike, it was a bummer too because the zon ladder was wide open, top zon was only 78 and I was 72, could've gotten up there but I'm probably down around #30 now

Cooked

Jul 2, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
MH. Bah! On the first day. I played 12 hours straight, much of it solo and joining what games I could find, people already had MH. The fact that I was anywhere on the Ladder at all was fun. I got up to 272 overall which is good for me.

sensei

Jun 23, 2003
ohio, useast
Visit site
i dont get how if you download a piece of software you instantly become a hacker. dont you have to know how to hack in order to be a hacker? not just clicking on an icon on your desktop

dusters

Dec 19, 2003
Wonderland
sensei said:
i dont get how if you download a piece of software you instantly become a hacker. dont you have to know how to hack in order to be a hacker? not just clicking on an icon on your desktop

IMO you got good point here. Hacking is an art, not an ability to download some software. I am not a hacker, but programmer. I know much about all regarding comps, and still these B.net people, who call themeselves hackers are pathetic.

MauJ

Jun 9, 2005
UsEast SCL
Well yes very true. I am also a programmer.

I would consider them more cheaters than hackers. The people that download them that is. Cheaters/d2Hackers...pretty much the same boat.

Jun 22, 2003
Burlington, VT
MauJ said:
Well yes very true. I am also a programmer.

I would consider them more cheaters than hackers. The people that download them that is. Cheaters/d2Hackers...pretty much the same boat.
I think the term you might be looking for is "script kiddie."