• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

RTB's 1.11 RWM...install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atigdng

Jun 15, 2004
Beijing
RTB's 1.11 RWM...install?

1. If you extracted the .zip file correctly, you'll now have a new folder in your d2 folder called runewords. If not, extract again including subdirectories.
2. Create a new shortcut to game.exe or Diablo II.exe

Ok no problems there. (does it matter where the shortcut is?)

Then It says: (where do I add the "direct" "txt" stuff and how?) (what is "shortcut.gif" I don't see it.

3. Add -direct -txt, and refer to the runewords folder in "start in...", as seen on shortcut.gif.
4. Click on the new shortcut to play.

Is there some type of step by step prosess to use this? I must not be doing it right, could someone just explain? :D

seige

Oct 24, 2004
Tassie
atigdng said:
1. If you extracted the .zip file correctly, you'll now have a new folder in your d2 folder called runewords. If not, extract again including subdirectories.
2. Create a new shortcut to game.exe or Diablo II.exe

Ok no problems there. (does it matter where the shortcut is?)

Then It says: (where do I add the "direct" "txt" stuff and how?) (what is "shortcut.gif" I don't see it.

3. Add -direct -txt, and refer to the runewords folder in "start in...", as seen on shortcut.gif.
4. Click on the new shortcut to play.

Is there some type of step by step prosess to use this? I must not be doing it right, could someone just explain? :D
The shortcut.gif would have been in your download. I would look wherever you have your d2 folder.
As to where to add -direct - txt

"D:\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt Thats what mine would look like if I was using the Mod.
Right click on your D2 Icon and create a shortcut to it or copy and paste. Whatever is easier for you, then right click on that, go to properties and add the -direct -txt at the end of Diablo II.exe (make sure you have a space after .exe)
I hope this helps. I'm real crappy explaining things :)

Edit: It may be easier to rename you shortcut icon to something different as well ... like RWM etc.
Late Edit: Start in "D:\Diablo II\runewords"

- Jas :howdy:

maxgerin

Jun 22, 2003
Phil.
www.freewebs.com
I suggest that you promtly delete your query.

Though mod discussion is allowed in the forums, I know it is frowned upon to discuss the technical aspects, the "how to...", installation process, and other whatnots here.

I believe it comes with a "Read Me" or an installation guide. Just follow it well. :thumbsup:

--maxgerin

seige

Oct 24, 2004
Tassie
Sorry maxgerin and omgwtfbbqpwned. I didn't know that. Thought that I was being helpful :)

BTW atigdng check your PM's

- Jas :howdy:

Status
Not open for further replies.