• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Rofl!

DontFlameMe

Jul 17, 2005
Laredo, TX
Rofl!

So there I am, mad that Andy, Meph, and Baal all dropped magical junks, when I decide to take my rage out on the Trav pack. I didn't even bother to switch to MF items, and killed them straight away with IK set. To my surprise, when the dust settled, there was a Buriza and an Eth Occy sitting there. Just a reminder to all of you to remember to kill Trav pack before you leave your MF games; I'm sure I will :clap:

IronCamel

Jul 5, 2004
The first and as of yet, only shako I've ever found happened like this:
I'm Teleporting through the durance with my fire sorc trying to find the stairs, when BAM, into a pack of dolls, which my merc "helpfully" kills, taking me down in the process.. Anyway, I find body recovery to often be the most fun part of the game, so off I go. Clearing the way slowly, using hit and run fireballs to take things down one at a time, pretty slowly with my naked character. Then I open a chest, and bang, there it is! Lowest defence possible though! Haha

Briikie

Jan 23, 2005
Finland
Yeah, luck plays a major role. I havent found much stuff with my necromancer in the ladder, but today I got a bit lucky. Whilst running through Durance level 2, i popped a chest open (frustrated as I was, because the durance on nightmare is large as what) and bang! Lidless wall!

Ok, not that big, but it was big to me. Gotta be happy about small things. :)

zVp

Jul 5, 2005
Canada
Great find, and remmeber, always open chests :) Found a The Mahim-Oak Curio from a chest while doing NM Andy :)

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
zVp said:
Great find, and remmeber, always open chests :) Found a The Mahim-Oak Curio from a chest while doing NM Andy :)

Yeah. I found a Lidless Wall with near-perfect stats, a 129/5 on the variables, from a chest in Hell with my old Hammerdin. Act 1, 0 mf.:yep:

letosan

Aug 2, 2005
Missouri
popped some 43 war travs at the end of last ladder of a random chest in the black marsh (hell) while looking for the tower.

a few days before, I dropped an almost perfect string off a random skellie in the 2nd level of the harem's basement.

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
I once found a Stone of Jordan off one of those zombies while running Hell Andariel. I looked at the golden ring and thought it was a Nagelring, but when I saw those lovely words on my screen....I was overjoyed. The TWO unique rings Andariel dropped when i killed her turned out to be both Nagels...and sucky ones at that. :lol:

Congrats to everyone on their finds....hopes someone pops a zod rune somewhere.

MapleBarb

Apr 16, 2005
Evrae Altana said:
I once found a Stone of Jordan off one of those zombies while running Hell Andariel. I looked at the golden ring and thought it was a Nagelring, but when I saw those lovely words on my screen....I was overjoyed. The TWO unique rings Andariel dropped when i killed her turned out to be both Nagels...and sucky ones at that. :lol:

Congrats to everyone on their finds....hopes someone pops a zod rune somewhere.
My best find today was tal's amulet which at first I didnt even bother to id since I was so sure it was some silly amulet like tancred's weird :lol:. when I saw was tal's I was rather happy since, as of now, thats the best item my new laddr sorc has

D2Freak91776

Oct 27, 2004
Hell Meph dropped a lot of dump into the pool of fire so I get nothing. Since I needed some gold for my merc and potions and such, I go to kill a group of Unique Blood Lords and find a shiny golden Corona waiting for me!

geeber

May 3, 2004
On ladder I found a HoZ (190!) from hell baal and also managed to snag a 133def shako from hell diablo. Both of these were accomplished with my 2 little 3% smcfs i keep for good luck

SeDnA

Dec 16, 2004
Singapore
I wanted to try to run mephisto with my lightning javazon, as I was walking to durance level 3, a pack of undead stygian dolls approached me. Lightning furies quickly finished them off. I found a golden hydra bow sitting on the ground waiting for me to pick up. Unexpected find...

Pred

Aug 2, 2005
On the way to hell countess, opened one of them chests and out came a 39% ED / 15 IAS jewel ;)
I mostly find better items on the way to a boss or while doing random quests than when i'm actually trying to mf / kill boss...
Or when i'm doing an eldritch / shenk run and decide to go a bit further down blood moor past shenk and find a manald heal off one of them enslaved ones.
And chests! Must've found tons of uniqs from chests before, always open chests. ;)

Zalcitabine

Feb 3, 2005
Montréal
You know that feeling...

You restart on ladder and use nothing but crap and magical rings and then drops a shiny gold ring and you are very happy since even if its a 15% nagel that will godliest than what you wear..

Well that happened me on new ladder, yesterday it was a 246/20 raven doing hell countess and today was 4%bk in the pit...Talk about luck.. :thumbsup:

Zalc

slax0r

Aug 1, 2003
A long time ago, in my 1.09 days, I found The Grandfather in the Halls of Vought (sp?) with my LF Javazon. I wasn't even wearing any mf gear.

I used to have a screenshot of that golden Colossus Blade just sitting there, but I lost it. Oh yeah, and I've also since lost the weapon. Oh well.

nickedoff

Jul 30, 2005
The States
Was doing hell diablo while waiting for the game to perm, and he dropped a perfect Bul Kathos ring.
A long time ago, my blizzsorc (Yay) was skipping through the hell sewers because she needed one more point to max all her synergies, and one of the skeletons drops absolutely perfect war travs. Go me.

rykuss

Banned
Aug 15, 2004
Running the deserts of Athas.
Zalcitabine said:
You know that feeling...

You restart on ladder and use nothing but crap and magical rings and then drops a shiny gold ring and you are very happy since even if its a 15% nagel that will godliest than what you wear..

Well that happened me on new ladder, yesterday it was a 246/20 raven doing hell countess and today was 4%bk in the pit...Talk about luck.. :thumbsup:

Zalc

Wow that is a stroke of luck! It usually takes alot of runs to get anything from the pit. Nice find. :thumbsup:

So far i've been lucky considering i haven't made it into hell yet. I found a gull dagger and a 21 nagel in norm cows and a rare ring with some decent stats with 10% mf on it as well.

Disabl3d

Feb 1, 2005
i once found tyraels might off of a fallen in the pits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!woowow! and then i popped one of the chests and templars might came out! and then i accidently spilled my milk and $50 appeared! then i looked at myself in the mirror and i was brad pitt! WOW

InfiniteCold

Banned
Sep 25, 2005
Sydney
Back then in 09 during the huge dupes, when every1 had 4534354 sojs, in nightmare meph, i found a unique ring, and what do u know, its a soj. It felt kinda bad though, bc obviously u say ur soj is legit and they all laugh heh, so it wasn't worth much, but it was the soj i used on my sorc heh