• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

resists questions

mountalex

Aug 7, 2005
resists questions

how do you all get them up?

I got a 73 sorc in hell and my resists suck... and im wondering how you all gets yours up besides anya

edit: oh yeah, my resists are like -60 and -70 for all

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Well CoH helps for res as does a good shield, Hoto....stuff like that.

My sorc uses coh, hoto, spirit shield, anni and some res charms and she has maxed res in hell.

oooh i forgot about a 2 pdiamond mosers for 63 to all res :thumbsup:
smoke would work too altho not really a 'caster' armor its got 50 all res.

Swerdlow

Jun 28, 2005
With items of course. Sorcs tend to have a hard time with res, especially untwinked. Consider adding a perfect diamond to your sheild, Um'ing your helm (if you can afford it), grabbing a Vipermagi, somme "shimmering" charms, etc. If you're playing the new ladder, and can't get +res gear, you're stuck with what you can find.

MindSlayer

Aug 12, 2005
It'd be helpful if you posted your gear. I'm gonna guess that you have a lot of +skills stuff or magic find, or maybe a combination of both. If you're going MF, can't help you there. But more likely mana and +skills takes up a lot of room. Belts, helms and shields are great places to get resists, and even if you lose a full skill level, +40 or 50 resist all. At least one of your rings should give significant resistances and think about charms as well. And of course do the Anya quests (that alone means you're starting at -80 when you enter hell). But really we need to know your items

GotFriana

Jul 13, 2005
Argentina
One very cheap solution is Ancient s Pledge, Qual Kehk gives you the runes Ral, Ort, Tal after finishing the soldiers quest in Act 5, in all difficulty lvls. Put them in a 3 sockets shield and you ll already have 43% cold res and 48% the rest.

Then look or gamble for rare items with resistances, gloves, boots, rings etc. Charms also help, allways identify all charms you find.

Some low level set pieces also come with resistances or gain resistances when using more than 1 piece of the set.

I know its hard to gamble or look for items if you are constantly dying, so you may need to go back to nm untill you have fixed your resistances a bit.

Edit: another thing to consider when choosing your gear is as sorc you shouldn t need so much defense, you should avoid all melee situations and dodge ranged attacks moving around the screen or teleporting away, so between an item with high def and an item with decent resistance, keep the later one.

Another not so cheap recipe is a resist all amulet you can make in the cube with any magic amulet + 1 p gem of each type (except skull).

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I remember my one of my ladder sorcies from last season used: occy + vipermagi + 2 pdiamond mosers; got close to positive res in hell. Hope that helps.

Elgar

May 4, 2004
GotFriana said:
Another not so cheap recipe is a resist all amulet you can make in the cube with any magic amulet + 1 p gem of each type (except skull).

amulets and rings are excellent ways to get resists, amulets more so than rings. At he beggining of every ladder so far I keep all magical rings and amulets i find/gamble and the ones i dont want i cube (3 rings -> ammy, and visa versa) its a cheap way to find res all, MF, and skill ammys for sure. Ive gotten 40 lit res 25 MF ammys before, which arent godly, but are sure helpful.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Ko Ko Mal (Sanctuary) isn't exactly an affordable item for most players. UM is still a nightmare hellforge rune, but you need two of them to make a MAL...

On the other hand, taking a 3 socket shield and sticking 3 pgems into it gives 57 resists almost for free (and that's assuming a 4 socket monarch isn't available (doesn't drop until hell) or can't be used because of the str requirement.

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
If you're looking for a good resist weapon, go for the Wizardspike. If you can't get that, then go for an Oculus, and as a last resort, go for a Spectral Shard, an orb with + to your either needed or all skills, or something with resists you need a lot. If you want to FIND a Wizspike, go for the Gull. :p