• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Reason to Play new Ladder

jakoeloema

Jun 5, 2005
Reason to Play new Ladder

just thinking why i play new ladder cuse i already got runewords i need and items and this new ladder doesnt offer much, just 10 descent runewords and maybe 1 or 2 new uniqeu items

Orphan

May 23, 2004
Some people like the competition. If not the race to 99, then being able to get "rich" faster than others. Also, as said, there's alot of items on non-ladder, so some people like the new season because of the sole reason there isn't alot of high level items (like Enigma) around.

Personally, I don't really see why people would want to play non-ladder. If it wasn't for the ladder reset every now and then, I probably wouldn't have played as long as I have. On non-ladder, you already have your high level characters, with there high level gear.... where do you go from there? Everyone else has that gear too, so what's the goal?

Sh4dovv

Banned
May 19, 2004
Australia!
Orphan said:
Everyone else has that gear too, so what's the goal?
to become the best dueler, you can duel 24/7 or close too with one char until you become one of the best on server

thats the plan anyway, sadly i hardly get to play these days

Sh4dovv

Banned
May 19, 2004
Australia!
prawncracker said:
There's a possibility that there will be new Ladder-only RW's in the future - better than Forti, grief, Phoenix, Faith ...
then i will wait till they come to NL to use them, to further combine them with the mighty NL items to make superchars! :thumbsup:

Sh4dovv said:
to become the best dueler, you can duel 24/7 or close too with one char until you become one of the best on server

thats the plan anyway, sadly i hardly get to play these days

Those who have legit uber gear will be easily pwnd by those who use uber bugged/duped gear. I disdain from going that route. Using bugged items is as a bad as using other types of cheats (like AA) to have an edge. Too bad blizz can't do another ruststorm just to erase all bugged items altogether. If they could do that I wouldn't mind building uber dueling pvp chars in NL.

For example, last night I dueled a sorc who had Fletch Ammy, 10 x 70/40? scs? It was no contest.