• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Realms Laggy?

angus

Mar 1, 2004
Realms Laggy?

I'm noticing a lot of lag since 1.11 almost as bad as when I was dial up.

Anyone else having the same problem?
And it always seems to be when I'm boss mf which is damn annoying lol.

dang79

Feb 18, 2004
angus said:
I'm noticing a lot of lag since 1.11 almost as bad as when I was dial up.

Anyone else having the same problem?
And it always seems to be when I'm boss mf which is damn annoying lol.

Same. I notice a lot of lag, but I'm not sure if it is just due to something they did in the patch. It usually happens when joining and creating games. And I also keep getting jammed with connection interrupted when I quest between Acts.

keithano

Aug 2, 2005
Macau
www.fotop.net
It's the realm problem , isn't it?
frds of mine in UsWest and myself feel that the UsWest server is quite smooth after the banning.

Maybe , most ppl of Uswest used MH , and there's the more ppl in UsWest being banned by Blizz than other realms. LOL

angus

Mar 1, 2004
keithano said:
It's the realm problem , isn't it?
frds of mine in UsWest and myself feel that the UsWest server is quite smooth after the banning.

Maybe , most ppl of Uswest used MH , and there's the more ppl in UsWest being banned by Blizz than other realms. LOL

Odd cause I never noticed this in 1.10 even when every other person seemed to be using mh, thought might be my ISP but it seems a few people have noticed the same thing.

Orphan

May 23, 2004
It might be because of the new season, with alot more players being on.

Kyo

Jun 27, 2003
Imperium of Man
Visit site
Yeah - experencing pretty bad lag spikes at times espeically over the weekend. This happened when 1.10 first started out too until they made a few measures that made it easier for creating/joining games.

Not sure if it just network traffic or just numbers on the server realm. My minions were lagging so bad they got oblierated before they knew what was happening. Not going to play HC until this is fixed :eek:

DarkStooge

Aug 16, 2005
im sure its been said b4 but i guess i have to say it again

DUPING CAUSES LAG!

havnt you noticed all the new hirunes coming onto ladder?

dang79

Feb 18, 2004
Orphan said:

Its probably more this than anything else.
I even got lagged out of the forgotten sands and thus wasted a set of keys.

angus

Mar 1, 2004
dang79 said:
Its probably more this than anything else.
I even got lagged out of the forgotten sands and thus wasted a set of keys.

That must have been damn annoying.

dang79

Feb 18, 2004
angus said:
That must have been damn annoying.

It was terrible. I started getting laggy in the game, must have been the 123751878643 little maggots that filled the screen too. Then I realised I was stuck, I had no choice but to wait for the inevitable. The game had not been up for 5 minutes so leaving was not an option.

CONNECTION INTERRUPTED

Keys wasted.

On the bright side it took me like 5 runs to get another 3 keys from nihlathak. When it took me like 50 runs to get the previous 3.

And... well I'm pretty sure it happened to a lot of people too.. lol... at least I never wasted keys by opening portals and then realising I couldn't beat the uber in it.

zxc_cxz

Dec 18, 2004
Ontario Canada
www.myspace.com
Orphan said:
Not true. If you type /users on battle.net, you'll see it still stands at around 50,000~52,000 players at all times (USEast). This is the approximate number before reset as well. But yeah I have noticed that USWest is ALOT smoother then East lately.. very annoying. I do find that playing in the morning means less lag though.

angus

Mar 1, 2004
dang79 said:
On the bright side it took me like 5 runs to get another 3 keys from nihlathak. When it took me like 50 runs to get the previous 3.

And... well I'm pretty sure it happened to a lot of people too.. lol... at least I never wasted keys by opening portals and then realising I couldn't beat the uber in it.

Nith still hasn't dropped me a key yet found 3 or 4 each of the other 2 tho and my frost zealot smashed Lilith and Izzy up. When I get another destruction key he'll smash up the Uber 3 too.

MapleBarb

Apr 16, 2005
zxc_cxz said:
Not true. If you type /users on battle.net, you'll see it still stands at around 50,000~52,000 players at all times (USEast). This is the approximate number before reset as well. But yeah I have noticed that USWest is ALOT smoother then East lately.. very annoying. I do find that playing in the morning means less lag though.
I'm on US East. Tried playing at all different times to no avail. The lag is beyond insane and any exp I gain is quickly lost when I freeze :(