• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Rare Shield worth keeping?

piggiz

Jul 26, 2003
Rare Shield worth keeping?

I found this rare shield from a drop during my mfing.

Juz wanna know if it is worth to keep:-

BITTER EMBLEM
Royal Shield
Defence : 518
Chance to block : 75%
Required Strength : 70
Required Level : 42
Smite dmg : 24 - 32
(Paladin Only)

+2 to Paladin Skills
17% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chances of Blocking
90% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +19
Requirements -30%
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

or ditch it?

Any1

Banned
Jun 23, 2003
SF
Visit site
That's a great shield. There was a bug with upgrading Ethereal armor-class items, that prevented the Defense Rating to be upgraded to an elite level. I'm sure it effects unique armor, I'm not sure about rare.

Jun 22, 2003
I would have to agree. Definitely worth the upgrade and zoded. The strength requirements will be super low, the smite damage will be nice, the chance to block is very good, and it has nice defense and resists. All in all, a very nice shield. And one other thing, you won't have the same f***ing shield as every other copy cat on b.net.

--welt

piggiz

Jul 26, 2003
Weltkriegpally said:
I would have to agree. Definitely worth the upgrade and zoded. The strength requirements will be super low, the smite damage will be nice, the chance to block is very good, and it has nice defense and resists. All in all, a very nice shield. And one other thing, you won't have the same f***ing shield as every other copy cat on b.net.

--welt

Thanks guys, I will upgrade and zod it :) Cheers

Armor_Biff

Jun 22, 2003
Dublin
Visit site
I would wait with the upgrading until Blizzard fixes the bug... If you decide to upgrade it now, it will most likely end up with less defense than it has now.

EvilBarney

Jul 16, 2003
youre all crazy

You should definitely keep it and dont bother Zod-ing it. Just make sure to use holy shield whenever you use it and its durability will never go down. Might wanna be very careful in PvM tho, but its a good PvP shield if u cant afford Zak. If you dont want it ill gladly take :D