• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Quick Weapon Question

Jul 9, 2005
The Not So Cold North
Quick Weapon Question

I just upgraded my mercs weapon up to a Bonehew. I was wondering what would be best to throw in to its sockets. I was thinking some %dmg jewels since he already has leech. Just wondering if there anything else that would go good. He is a lvl 86, HF by the way.

Underdawg

Jul 4, 2005
W
I still say Amn Runes. Can't have enough leech! Other than that ED Jewels or IAS Jewels would be good. ED/IAS Jewels would be Ideal giving your mercenary more damage with a faster attack allowing for even more damage.

Hey are you new here? Did you make an introduction thread yet? :cool:

If you haven't already, read the stickies!

Jul 9, 2005
The Not So Cold North
Thanks for the quick replys. I thought that shaels and amns would be my best choises. This bring up another question, what is the speed break point of the bonehew? Since everything is already slowed down a couple more pokes between mobs swings would really help with killing on the countess runs.

sirpoopsalot

May 24, 2005
dranking tequila
Fists of Legend said:
Thanks for the quick replys. I thought that shaels and amns would be my best choises. This bring up another question, what is the speed break point of the bonehew? Since everything is already slowed down a couple more pokes between mobs swings would really help with killing on the countess runs.

IAS% - FPA
0 % - 8
9 % - 7.5
20 % - 7
37 % - 6.5
65 % - 6

105% is next but somewhat unrealistic/impossible

phatbrava

Apr 13, 2005
Romania
www.tmbase.ro
sirpoopsalot said:
IAS% - FPA
0 % - 8
9 % - 7.5
20 % - 7
37 % - 6.5
65 % - 6

105% is next but somewhat unrealistic/impossible
a bit of a hijack (sorry) and offtopic, but:
is there a list of IAS BPs? or do you just calculate them yourself for each weapon/char you're interested in?

phatbrava

Apr 13, 2005
Romania
www.tmbase.ro
Rugruth said:
http://purediablo.com/townsfolk/mercias/

R.

EDIT: Merc ias tables have some typos. It seems that the tables are for -20, -10, 0, 10 and 20 respectively, althought its listed as -20, -10, -20, -20, -20
thanx, that's really helpful, but i think i was misunderstood (or i havent asked the question right): what about characters, is there a list with IAS BPs for each char class?

edit: i got this second question answered via PM, thanx.

Rugruth

Jul 1, 2004
Back on topic, the table on dii.net for ogre axe (WSM 10) seem to point this breakpoints:

Code:
IAS     FPA
0%   -  9
5%   -  8.5
11%  -  8
22%  -  7.5
35%  -  7
56%  -  6.5
92%  -  6 	
147% - 	5.5

EDIT: Formatting

R.

whomhead

Jun 26, 2003
Monterey, CA
Visit site
There seems to be a bit of a discrepancy as to the base weapon speed for an Ogre Axe. Sirpoopsalot has the breakpoints for a base [0] speed weapon and Rugruth has it for a base [10] speed weapon. The Arreat Summit says it is 10, but another sight with a good weapon speed calculator (to which we aren't allowed to link) has it as 0. Does anyone know which is correct?

Gohanman

Jun 23, 2003
OT: If this is the site your thinking of whomhead, I'm pretty sure we can link it. I mean, it's stickied over in the barb forum.

AFAIK, Baridiche and Lochaber Axe are both WSM 10 while Ogre Axe is WSM 0. That could account for the mistake on AS.

TopHatCat64

Jul 8, 2004
The SPF
Gohanman said:
OT: If this is the site your thinking of whomhead, I'm pretty sure we can link it. I mean, it's stickied over in the barb forum.

That line of reasoning came up last time we linked to the german speed calc but the thread got locked regardless.

Might be best to just direct folks to the barb forum instead just to be safe.

whomhead

Jun 26, 2003
Monterey, CA
Visit site
That's the site I was referring to, Gohanman. I know its linked to over in the babr forum, and I also know its been deleted from posts over here. I dunno why. I've decided to just not link to it and give people the relevant info as its needed.

Gohanman

Jun 23, 2003
My bad, apparently.

Although the little box on the bottom of the page says "you may edit your posts", no "edit" button appears on my post. :scratch:

Otherwise I'd un-link it.

Dodgydave

Jul 16, 2003
New Zealand
You can only edit your posts a maximum of an hour after they are made.

Also that WSC is very good butno linking to it unfortunately. (I've used the same reasoning as you did but still not allowed appareantly.)