• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Quick Synergy Question

Quick Synergy Question

Do +[Insert Specific Skill Here] add to synergy bonuses, or are they considered as +All Skill/+Tree Skills modifiers and do not count?

For example - if a Druid is wearing a Pelt with +3 Summon Dire Wolf, and the Druid has 1 point in Grizzly and its pre-reqs, would the Grizzly benefit from the synergy bonuses of slvl 1 Summon Dire Wolf or slvl 4 Summon Dire Wolf?

Thanks. :)

carnivore

Aug 2, 2005
bremen, germany
only the inevested points count. in 1.10 skills given from items were taken into account as long as no skillpoint was put into them (hope i got this right; see marrowwalk-bug for details).

Thanks. If this is true, then I need a new synergy claculator.

Every online synergy calculator I've found accomodates only for +Tree Skills and +All Skills, along with invested Skills.

Where then, would I input the +1-2 Fire Mastery coming from Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye?

----

If that is the case, could someone provide me to a link to a synergy calculator that takes the +Specific Skills into consideration? A 1.11 version would be nice, but a 1.10 one will do.

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Ok.. I just use a calculator for stuff like this, but anyway...

Yes, skills that provide a synergy as listed on the bottom of another skill's description are not boosted from an item. But if you have an item that ups a MASTERY skill, then that bonus is calculated, as it is a passive skill and the damage is not synergized at the bottom of another skill page, but rather, shown on the added skill. So if you had a level 1 Fire Mastery and put a +1 FM orb on, you would get the extra 7% fire damage bonus from the FM added skill to all fire spells.:thumbsup:
Hope that helped.

Okay, bad example on my behalf.

Let's say you find a rare Orb that gives +1 Firebolt.

Using a synergy calculator that allows inputs only in +All Skills, +Tree Skills, +Invested Skills, where would this go under?

If it can't be counted in any of the above categories, is there an online calculator for this, or am I going to have to manually do the calculations? :(

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. :)

-----------------------------------

Also, totally off-topic, but is it a waste to dump a point into one of my Sorc's Ice Armour Skills purely for the Defense Bonuses (I don't really care about freezing/chilling my targets), especially since my Sorc will always be in running mode and never walking mode? My Sorc is PvM.

If it is worthwhile, would the 60% from Frozen Armour be enough, or should I invest another point into Shiver Armour for 81%? (BTW, I have full Tal's, so that's +6 Skills).

Hacknshoot

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Since I don't use a synergy calculator, I can only guess that it's to the +all skills because if you get the +1 AS into a FB, it doesn't increase meteor's damage by synergy. Or you can leave it out and strip your character down and see the base levels of questioned synergies.

And it isn't that smart to put more than 2 or 3 points into an armour spell at the most, because the +skills will make up for it. But if you want to, no one is stopping you.