• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Quick Runeword question

ELNINO

Jul 24, 2004
Quick Runeword question

Sorry to post, but I couldn't find anywhere else. Can people on NL now make all runewords that were once exclusive to ladder? (for example fortitude)

ELNINO

Jul 24, 2004
Great, just great, I trade for a Lo specifically so I could make a fort. GREAT!

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
Just get 23492184719847 high runes and trade for a fort. Everyone knows everything is worthless on NL.

ELNINO

Jul 24, 2004
Aaronmaiden said:
I'm sorry, but why would they be ladder-only words if non-ladder could make them? >.>

But what is incredibly stupid about that is, since their are Ladder-only RW's on NL, BUT YOU CAN"T MAKE THEM, the value of the item soars to unimaginable prices. IMO, an extremly stupid move on Blizzards part.

Trojan Man

May 1, 2005
Wait let me get this straight, If our old ladder character switched to non-ladder and had fort and such on them do those items just delete? Since NL Cant make em?

Creature

Sep 10, 2003
Everywhere and Nowhere at once.
former ladder chars take their equipment with them when they get booted off the ladder.
so there is now a very limmited number of ladder only runewords off the ladder.
however that number will not go up again until the next ladder reset
sorry but you're boned

<edit> the same should hold true for ladder only uniques