• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

quick question...

Stringfello

May 14, 2005
Arizona
quick question...

ive got a frost zealot @ lvl 86, and im having some problems maxing my resists using guardian angel armor. i have a HoZ shield, and im thinking about socketing it with a Pdiamond. any other suggestions on what to do??

Apr 19, 2005
Madison, WI
P diamond seems good to me. Really rich folks use um runes, but the extra few points don't seem too important. Then again I've only ever found one um, so they're precious in my sight.

mv

TopHatCat64

Jul 8, 2004
The SPF
Stringfello said:
ive got a frost zealot @ lvl 86, and im having some problems maxing my resists using guardian angel armor. i have a HoZ shield, and im thinking about socketing it with a Pdiamond. any other suggestions on what to do??

Yea a pdiamond is probably the way to go. The only reason I'd use one of the other gems would be if I had a big imbalance with one resist lagging behind the others (and only if it was lightning or fire).

Um's are far too valueable for 3 extra resist all

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
Lightning resistance and fire resistance are more important than cold or poison resist so consider using items like Highlord's Wrath or Laying of Hands.

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
JihadJesus said:
An Um in that Guardian Angel, on the other hand, could be an appropriate usage.
Hardly, since resistance jewels are probably easier to get.

maxgerin

Jun 22, 2003
Phil.
www.freewebs.com
JihadJesus said:

You might also want to consider using a 15% resist all jewel instead of an Um rune if you plan to socket the GA. Same benefit, but others find it easier to get the jewel than an Um rune. As for me, if I'm not mistaken, I have more Um runes than 15% resist all jewels...

--maxgerin

H

Holyknight

The skill you are talking about is Salvation ;) But the Sanctuary RW (Ko Ko Mal) in a paladin shield could be very good! That's what I use on my lvl ** Frost Zealot, and it's absolutely awesome! The runes are not too hard to find (the Hell hellforge quest gave me Mal!), and if you put it in a pally shield with some nice resists automods, you can get easily over 100% resist all! You can always put it on switch if you don't want to replace HoZ, too..

WayWardSoul

Jun 3, 2005
nebraska
JihadJesus said:
The biggest drawback to that is the lvl 47 req. on the Um, where an HoZ is only 42. Which isnt that big a deal since the pally it's on is already above that but if you retire it and use it on another pally it would cost you 5 lvl's for 3% more risists