• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Quick Fishymancer Question

Aug 11, 2005
Northern California
Quick Fishymancer Question

I'm on single-player, running a Fishymancer. (Skel warriors and CE). When I get to Act 2 Nightmare, I'll get a Might-aura merc, but... which Act 2 NORMAL Aura should I utilize until I can get to Nightmare?

I'm thinking Defiance to make sure my Skellies survive longer... or would Prayer be good?

DuesNox

Jun 22, 2003
New Hampshire
I've always used the defensive mercenary, it keeps him and your whole army alive even during those superuniques that we all love.

ShadowsFall

Jul 11, 2005
Camp Pendleton, CA
threeofnineteen said:
I'm on single-player, running a Fishymancer. (Skel warriors and CE). When I get to Act 2 Nightmare, I'll get a Might-aura merc, but... which Act 2 NORMAL Aura should I utilize until I can get to Nightmare?

I'm thinking Defiance to make sure my Skellies survive longer... or would Prayer be good?

I took Defiance over Prayer simply because it was easier just to pick up the potions on the ground and use them as needed. Although I dont know how much it really helps the skellies I liked it mainly because it helped the merc stay alive, and pretty much act as a tank until the skels started getting stronger.

seige

Oct 24, 2004
Tassie
Defensive moron is good. As DuesNox said, it will help your skellies out some as well.
If you haven't I'd have a look at Nightfish's Fishymancer guide. Here

Good luck with him :)

*wonders if I should ask NF for a commission*

- Jas :howdy:

bill_n_opus

Apr 10, 2004
GVRD baby!
What everyone else said.

Actually, your army in Norm and NM should kick total holy ***. Having a shared aura is almost overkill, almost. Having a Rogue is kinda fun as she runs around shooting at stuff that has a good chance of already blowing up/dying before it dies at the hands of the Rogue.

Kinda inefficient ... but fun.