• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Question about hel rune

burton

Banned
Oct 18, 2004
22
0
0
Question about hel rune

I am making a meteorb sorc and she will use a stormshield. I was wondering if i socketed a hel rune into the occy if it would lower the str req. on the stormshield. (Or should I socket a 3/4 lvl fire facet into it). thx
 

MoonUnit

Member
Jul 21, 2004
923
0
165
Phoenix, AZ
well a hel only lowers the req of the item its socketed into...hence you would need to stick it in the storm; stick the facet in the occy.
 

burton

Banned
Oct 18, 2004
22
0
0
MoonUnit said:
well a hel only lowers the req of the item its socketed into...hence you would need to stick it in the storm; stick the facet in the occy.

Would you recommend doing that, or should I put a pdiamond in the ss?
 

Naitti

Member
Mar 2, 2004
244
0
42
39
Lahti, Finland
irc-galleria.net
burton said:
Would you recommend doing that, or should I put a pdiamond in the ss?

If you need the str on your char to be lower, you can put the hel to it. But if you don't need to care, ho much str you exactly spend, you can use the pdiamond. If it's pvm char, i'd put pdiamond and get my str up for using storm.
 

Speedster

Member
Dec 30, 2003
559
0
166
California
Naitti said:
If you need the str on your char to be lower, you can put the hel to it. But if you don't need to care, ho much str you exactly spend, you can use the pdiamond. If it's pvm char, i'd put pdiamond and get my str up for using storm.

I agree. It's hard to figure out where to spend all of a sorc's stat points. I usually put 75 in energy, up dex till max block and then distribute the rest to strength and vit. Vitality is a ripoff for the sorc, because of the 2 life points for each stat point - use 20-life sc's instead. So it's not hard to put 156 into strength for ss or spirit, if you want. I have a level 93 meteorb (ladder season 2, ended) with 30+ stat points I haven't spent yet just because she doesn't need any more.

Pdiamond in a shield is one of the best socketing deals in the game, IMO. :thumbsup: