• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Questers

Dahkar

Aug 11, 2003
Questers

So who else this ladder season has been questing, after a few early deaths (due to rushing) I decided to slow it down and quest, right now i'm in a5 nm(second quest) and 65 on a fire elemental druid! I've found some decent items while questng too :p Like Lum and Pcrown.

reyla

Aug 2, 2005
Japan
Yes

Yes I do all quests and get all waypoints.

I admit, I do join rush games. After beating Duriel, it is too hard to pass up a "Meph Time" game with Trav and Durance WP up already.

The difference is, after beating a boss, I do not move on to the next one until I complete all previous Act quests and waypoints. Like you said, this is when I find all my gear and improve my playing skills.

Hardcore Ladder is filled with level 25-55 players that all end up dying because they spent all their game time rushing and in Normal Baal runs.

Rekoc

Apr 30, 2004
texas
My sin quested. Mostly solo because everyone else rushed lol. "What you already did trav and meph?" Can I get the the wp's?" "Spade lets go get the wps." I say no then " ok well im going to get them see ya later"

Anyway slow and steady wins the race. Currently I am lvl 89. The #2 sin on east and #25 over all.

Currently wearing:
Shako
Soj
30 light resist ring
Arachnid
+2 50%ias claw
+3 trap claw
+3 trap ammy
30 reses cold and fire boots.

Only close call I have had was in the throne while getting my baal q. Bunch of dolls ran up to me while I ran up on some old traps. Brought me down to about 10 life lol. I think Dolls > hell ancients lol.

I did not grab all wps though. I found it a waste. I am not going to run around and find a wp like spider forest when I am already in the great marsh. But I did grab almost all of them lol.

MoUsE_WiZ

Nov 19, 2003
Inside my head.
Quested my sork. She got deeds.
I've arguably quested my zon, but I'm not sure that "baal to 60+ solo in 8p normal games so I can run through NM as fast as possible and avoid FEs" actually counts as questing or not ^^

AAJimmy

Jul 3, 2005
Göteborg
I quested through hell and normal. Got rushed in act1-3 nightmare. And its definately more fun to quest. Baalrunning kind of makes me puke.

Greex

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Warrensburg,Missouri
Rekoc said:
My sin quested. Mostly solo because everyone else rushed lol. "What you already did trav and meph?" Can I get the the wp's?" "Spade lets go get the wps." I say no then " ok well im going to get them see ya later"

Anyway slow and steady wins the race. Currently I am lvl 89. The #2 sin on east and #25 over all.

Currently wearing:
Shako
Soj
30 light resist ring
Arachnid
+2 50%ias claw
+3 trap claw
+3 trap ammy
30 reses cold and fire boots.

Only close call I have had was in the throne while getting my baal q. Bunch of dolls ran up to me while I ran up on some old traps. Brought me down to about 10 life lol. I think Dolls > hell ancients lol.

I did not grab all wps though. I found it a waste. I am not going to run around and find a wp like spider forest when I am already in the great marsh. But I did grab almost all of them lol.

That's some nice gear spade. My gera is crap -.-, I haven't played in about 4 days but when i get home i plan on getting back up there. Hopefully this time i wont have a bad tele or tele+lag kill =\

drinkturps

Aug 8, 2003
In a World of Tanks
Visit site
Only questing here. I have caused far more fatalities for my characters this season so far though. Attempt 1 - got a Necro to 62 before a rapid demise to Infidels in A5 Crystalline Passage NMare still unsure as to what happened. My 2nd Necro failed miserably at Level 28 and a Javazon found Diablos breath a little too hot to handle at Level 24.

Going to behave and play more sensibly now and am currently working on a Fireball/Orb sorc for some item farming in Nightmare before I can start making the more entertaining characters. Cubing all runes and gems I can find too!

Go quest, you never know what that barrel will have in it!