• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

[Qs] not in F.A.Q.

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
[Qs] not in F.A.Q.

1. Does CoS act like curse and overrides them?

2. Does MB work on act bosses (the stunning not the converting) ?

3. If MB work on act bosses is it have lenght penalty?

4. When you use MB on Blinded sighted to 1 radius CoS enemies, when the MB wears off are they still blind sighted to 1 (considering the fact that they were not going to attack you or you didn't attack them)

6. If you have % to cast on striking is it casted in a random direction or is it casted where you were aiming?

7. If you have % to cast on striking and the spell has casting delay like frozen orb will it delay if you are able to pull 2 off in a row with DTalon or BFury ?

8. If you lay some traps and they aren't being used, how far can you be far from them until they disapear. Let's say i put some traps in blood more then run to stony fields and when i come back will they still be there? If so will they still be there if i use a wp to go from cold point to stony.

ilkori

May 23, 2004
Pool of Beginnings
1) Yes, it's a curse.

2) It'll try to do a knock-back on the boss. Bosses don't get knocked around, but if you have enough mana and fcr, you can keep them stunned well enough to let the party take down the boss.

3) The "swirly" effect doesn't seem to work the same. (You'll want a second opinion on this one... I don't typically use MB on any bosses but Lister & Co.)

4) MB is independent of CoS. So, when CoS wears off, they'll come after you, regarldess of MB.

5) what?

6) Where you are aiming. As I understand it, certain spells will even cast on the location of the target, even if the skill is centered on the caster (Static with Blade Fury, for example)

7) With DTalon, it only seems to do a delay if you have the casting happening on the last kick. It was a rare occasion that I had issues with that (and I used a Chaos claw for most of Hell). I didn't use BFury so much once I started using Chaos, so not sure on that.

8) IIRC it's a few screens, like two. It'd be fairly easy to check, though.

BIGeyedBUG

Oct 16, 2003
frisco
Visit site
BatTheMan said:
2. Does MB work on act bosses (the stunning not the converting) ?

3. If MB work on act bosses is it have lenght penalty?

MB does nothing but its damage to act bosses. It does have a reduced chance to stun at least some superuniques and all random uniques, probably somewhere between 10-20%. I don't believe the length is reduced.

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
I have another unanswered quesiton I think that is not covered.
I was struggling between getting a Blade Shield for a cool factor I already have BFury so it would only cost me 1 extra point. Then it came to me is Blade Shiled considered a range attack or a melee attack or is it just a like a the sorceress' cold shields? Will Iron Maiden affect it and will I die from it if I'm IMed? I'm a HCL player so if it's considered as melee weapon I'll certainly not take it.

Thanks