• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

PvP Zealer

geeber

May 3, 2004
PvP Zealer

This may seem like a stupid thread becuase there's prob loads of discussion on it, I just can't find it.
I'm looking to make a PvP zealot and I'm trying to figure out what gear i need. Here's my idea of a setup and please feel free to suggest anything (I'm not very experienced in pvp):
Either, Botd Zerk, Grief, or Death
CoH, Fort, eth valor, Leviathan
Highlords ammy
CoA
LoH gloves
Verdungo
Gores
Exile, HoZ
2X Ravens... Now I dont know if this is suitable, but can anyone gimme some advice on what works for them? thanks

geeber

May 3, 2004
Yeah, I saw that one but I was looking to see if anyone had some comparisons that included ladder only runewords that are now open throught bnet.

HeavAngel

Paladin Moderator
Jun 22, 2003
Heaven Just Past The Stars
Visit site
The new (L) is going to be really different this time.
I did a search and I haven't found another one yet.

Otherwise, I'm sure some members will be signing on to help answer this for you.
Their very helpful members :)

Rane-

Apr 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
HeavÃ…ngel said:
The new (L) is going to be really different this time.
I did a search and I haven't found another one yet.

Otherwise, I'm sure some members will be signing on to help answer this for you.
Their very helpful members :)

Grief Phase is still hands down the best weapon, with EBotD Zerker still great.

How you build your zealot depends largely on who you're aiming to verse. Generally Zealots are used in Melee vs Melee duels, so Angelics combo is an absolute must if you want to hit anything.

CoH is terrible zealot armour, the other 3 all have their pros and cons. People generally use Eth Valor, Eth Glad Bane, Lev, Fort, Up'd Eth Shaft (this just got a hell of a lot better), and Eth Stone. I'd say Up'd Eth Shaft and Eth stone are hands down the best IMO.

Alma Negra is generally a lot better than HoZ for melee PvP zealots. Exile is also quite good but it requires an entirly different build centred on it.

LoH is junk in PvP. Use Magnus' Skin, Lava Gouts or Crafted Blood Gloves if you really need the IAS. Ideally get your IAS elsewhere and use Dracs.

Nothing has really changed at all except the up'd eth shaft. These are going to become very popular very fast methinks. Other than that NL is now just the same as ladder was last season.

Rane-

Apr 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
<Soz for double post but edit time expired>

I have heard conflicting reports on whether the upgrade eth armour bug HAS indeed been fixed in 1.11. I have heard a lot more reports saying it HAS been fixed than ones saying it HASN'T been, but I haven't tested it myself yet. If it has that Up'd glitched Eth Shaft is definatly going to be the new thing for zealots, specifically Exile ones.

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
The glitch has been fixed, I *think* I saw a 2100 Def Shaft...but then again I'm not sure but I have definitely seen 700+ Def Arreats!

Rane-

Apr 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
If the cube recipe has indeed been fixed and the armour keeps its eth bonus, then eth shaft could very well get over 3k defense :eek:.

@ Heav -
What can I say, 1.11 AND a ladder reset?

*removes GW from cd-drive, inserts d2x*

:clap:

geeber

May 3, 2004
Sorry to resume an old thread...dont mean to bump it but I dont wanna spam new threads about the same topic. I've been looking around for gear for my zealer (maybe zealer/smiter) and I can't seem to be able to get any of the uber armors, or even grief for that matter (but that seems more in-reach). I always remember when my account was ladder that people sought 10X high runes and up for eth valors etc...And up'd eth shaft seems even more untouchable. Are there any options for suitable armor that aren't insanely hard to obtain. I noticed you offered eth stone as a top choice, but doesnt that lose durability? :(
Anyway, if anyone can think of some gear options besides crazy armor and 2os CoA, I'd love to hear them.

Arutha

May 20, 2004
GkT said:
The glitch has been fixed, I *think* I saw a 2100 Def Shaft...but then again I'm not sure but I have definitely seen 700+ Def Arreats!

I still haven't gotten around to zod'n this but I will eventually. And I think I and going to cham this since it has more def than the eth gbane currently in my zealer's stash and the +1 all skills is nice.

jumbo_SHRIMP

Jun 23, 2003
when they fixed the eth unique upgrade bug, they made a new one which makes armors like stone get up to ~4k+ defense (4680 eth sacred armor stone is the highest to be honest)

phelix

Arutha

May 20, 2004
I believe it is possible to get 5265 defense stone useing that bug in a eth sacred armor.

geeber

May 3, 2004
Style and efficiency?
I'm like most people in that I like to have the best gear, but I've always sacrificed efficiency and killing speed for the often forgotten attribute: style. While looking for a grief (grr...) and liquidating all my old ladder gear for a zealer setup I managed to get my hands on a fury myth sword, a relic of the old days I could hardly pass up. Can this item serve as a temporary replacement? granted, its far from the might of grief, but it seems to have some cool mods and its extremely stylish...
Pros and cons on Fury?

Rane-

Apr 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Easy to find and still quite useable armours are Glad Bane, Shaft, Stone and Duriels Shell. All of those are fine armour which you should be able to get from Meph/Pindle with ease.

Eth Stone does lose durabilty, but the defense it can reach is just too insane (as you can see from the numbers just posted.) It warrants using even if it does eventually run out. Just make more :p.

geeber

May 3, 2004
Hah, It'd be like using extended potions. Uh oh, time to whip up a new stone (although, when it gets to low durability i could just stuff it on a merc...). So it seems people like Eth Up'd shaft, then Eth stone, Haven't heard much about eth valor but its expensive as well, then maybe fort followed by some of the normal unique armors or a normal stone. Thanks for the advice. And weapon has still gotta be grief, and fury is not high o the list? Ugh sorry for repeating my questions lol. Maybe if someone wants to take the time they could list their zealer's set-up so I can get an idea of what combos people use?

Arutha

May 20, 2004
1 setup:
berber coa
highlords/ravens
fort
eth dc
exile
rends
dungos
up'd gores

2nd setup:
eth andys
highlords/ravens
eth up'd shaft
death zerk
magnus' skin(I think thats what they are called, those set gloves w/ 20%ias +100AR)
dungos
up'd gores
exile

3rd setup:
berber coa
angelics ammy/rings
grief pb
eth gbane(gonna switch to eth up'd skullders when I cham it)
exile
rends
dungos
up'd gores

Thats what my zealer has in his stash, also have botd zerk, p eth razor in my stash that he uses sometimes.

rampageroar

Aug 16, 2005
Ontario, Canada
bah

dont encourage him to use grief.. grief is bm mania.. gnore targets defence... use ebotd man dont be a pussy, work up your attack rating, if you show up in melee duels weilding a grief, they'll assume your a smiter and just team on u and beat you down. i would :). this was my pvp zealots setup:

Helm: Coa, 1 ber, 1 40/15, dream is also good
Armor: Fortitude
Ammy: Angelic, or if your gonna be BM grief zealot, highlords (sigh)
Rings: There are some really nice rings, My zealots used angelics, and a raven frost when needed. carrion winds are nice for the twister(stuns).
Sheild: Eexile, mine had 45 resists, the ed/ar is also an excellent choice, just make it worth it, max is 65/121 i believe?
Boots: Upgraded gores are best bet, non up'd are also sufficient. Mermans Sprocket if you can afford (for casters).
Gloves: Dracs
Belt:Verdungos, try getting highest Dr as possible

Switch is CTA and Spirit, with this build you do not get many + to skills, so a higher bo is helpful. Get some 32020s as well, 20 is a good number

Arutha

May 20, 2004
I actually do the best with setup #1 followed closely by #2, and although the 3rd setup works well I don't like it as much as 1, or 2 and use it only when I need the AR from the angelics. With 1 and 2 I have 15k ar and max %ds, with setup #3 I have 20k ar and only 35% ds.