• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

PvP startegies

picolino

Aug 10, 2005
marsbury
Immortality said:
Na its pretty lame... But necros spamming alota bs and then using the tppk is funny.

Edit: and oh yeah hammerdins as well =P

well to get things back on target of the thread :).........,For a pally, I like to Charge up to a fellow player, and then USE zeal and run away. woosy, but fast and quick and can be quite damaging!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zodijackyl

Oct 4, 2004
I prefer sorcs..

Blizz: teleport until your target is at the edge of the screen, then shoot and run. repeat until dead.

Fireball: use the automap to aim. spead out your shots, and move frequently. make them chase you and run into fireballs.

Orb: this sucks for pvp, dont use it.

Lightning: too hard to teach, it takes alot of work and depends on each sorc build.

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
Zodijackyl said:
I prefer sorcs..

Blizz: teleport until your target is at the edge of the screen, then shoot and run. repeat until dead.

Fireball: use the automap to aim. spead out your shots, and move frequently. make them chase you and run into fireballs.

Orb: this sucks for pvp, dont use it.

Lightning: too hard to teach, it takes alot of work and depends on each sorc build.

Wrong. Blizzard can either be defensive or offensive. Defensive-cast blizz then tele like ur scared. Offensive-get 110 fcr then ice blast the **** out of them, in conjuction with blizz.

Fireball tactis are ok, not the best tho. If they have bad fhr tele on top of them and spam, same with lightning.

Orb is great in pvp.

Lightning isnt hard to learn

Fred

weep

May 18, 2005
the t.
orb can be much more effective in tpk/svs than blizzard.

both blizz and orb however can be made to be very ineffective with a few simple stacked res items.

i've had a tpk blizz for a while, the most important skill you'll ever have is teleport.. just tele randomly and pick your chances - in and out - quick blizz maybe an ib or two and then back out of range.

you can also try to move your oponent by shooting a few ib's on one side of him, followed by a quick blizzard on the opposite - in which case you count on him dodging your bolts and running into your more powerful weapon.

on the defence you should try to preset a blizzard and then try and angle your opponent into chasing you right into it (a lot easier nowadays w/o mh)

Immortality

Banned
Apr 24, 2005
Tennessee
Orbers vs Blizzers..... I'd think if the blizzer was higher or just stackes cr the blizz would win. Blizz get lucky with a shot or two and stacked cr.... ewww....

XMA

Jun 18, 2005
for a hammer din vs all sorcs....i use stacked stuff so lol.....i let them follow me mwuahahaha while i lay hammers all over the place hoping they would go thru it....blizzard sorc r pretty annoying though....cuz of name locks? iunno wat it is id be happy if yall tell me how it works

Jun 9, 2005
Eastern South Dakota
Name Locking

clicking and holding on someone's name while you attack, thus if they run off screen you continue to have them targeted. I guess it also refers to the maphack feature which allows you to scroll, select the enemy, and have your attacks find him regardless if you are 3-4 screens away.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Nov 2, 2003
Chicago
If this thread turns into a "how to" on scroll or other hacks it will result in temp or perm bans and this thread being closed.

Please be careful........

Jun 9, 2005
Eastern South Dakota
Sorry

I wasn't really trying to explain how to hack, but I guess that's what it came out as ... although namelocking is a legit aspect of the game, since blizz allows you to stay "locked on" even if they are off the screen, and I was just referencing the mh features, but I apologize. I enjoy my time on these forums :)

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Nov 2, 2003
Chicago
No problem. I know what namelocking is and also know scroll and the other hacks. I will allow discussion on the morality of using any of these hacks. Further than that will not be taken lightly.

Thanks

weep

May 18, 2005
the t.
namelocking and scroll are completely different.. namelocking is part of the game and not considered no manner.