• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

pvm ma needs some advice

Xylx

Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
pvm ma needs some advice

Hi all,

I'm planning to build a c/c pvm martial artist. She will prolly use ts/dtail, sm, fade and ds (not final yet). I'm trying to compose my gear so she'll have max resist, enough leech and as much +skills as possible.

I have the following questions (some are answered in the faq, i know, but it's down):

- Do you need skillpoints in fade to get the damage reduction? Or is +skills good too?
- Should I shael my two bartucs to get more ias? I won't be using bos, so I can get 60 ias with shael, 20 ias glove and highlords. The base attack speed is 10.75 fpa, and it will go down 1 fpa for every 20 ias (minimum is 7.75 fpa). Basically, what's fast enough for getting those chargeups?
- Should I upgrade my bartucs? I remember reading something about c/c assassins never using the lefthand claw (right side) ... ? So should I upgrade none, one or both?
- Does fade also help against being frozen?

Thanks and greetings!

1. +skills count for the damage reduction from fade

2. With a c/c setup, only the ias of you main claw will count, so you don't need to shael both. You need 46 ias to get a 7 frame kick and 72 ias to get 7 frames with TS. I'd use the gloves and highlord's, then find an ias jewel with a nice prefix for your main claw (resists come to mind). That'd leave your charge up at 8 frames, which is okay as far as i'm concerned. Socket the off-hand claw with something other than ias.

3. Upgrading the 'tucs won't help your kick damage any, only the charge ups. Your damage from TS/Dtail will dwarf charge up damage, so it's a waste of runes imo to upgrade the 'tucs.

4. Fade doesn't help against being frozen.

jrichard

Naliworld

Jun 22, 2003
Orchard, Singapore
Visit site
jrichard said:
2. With a c/c setup, only the ias of you main claw will count, so you don't need to shael both. You need 46 ias to get a 7 frame kick and 72 ias to get 7 frames with TS. I'd use the gloves and highlord's, then find an ias jewel with a nice prefix for your main claw (resists come to mind). That'd leave your charge up at 8 frames, which is okay as far as i'm concerned. Socket the off-hand claw with something other than ias.

Just to clarify, IAS on the off-hand claw does apply with claw attacks, right(TS/CoT/DC/Normal Attack, etc.)?

Xylx

Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the advice so far :)

One last question:
Is the off-hand claw being used at all with ts? Could I socket the main claw with ias and the off-hand with a perfect skull (for example) and have max speed and some added leech that way?

Thanks! :xsmile:

Naliworld

Jun 22, 2003
Orchard, Singapore
Visit site
As TS only uses your right-hand claw(left Invent slot), you won't get any mods(except for +skills, +stats, resists, etc. Not sure about IAS) on your off-hand claw being applied with TS.

Consider using pure DC instead if you're going with C/C.

Naliworld said:
Just to clarify, IAS on the off-hand claw does apply with claw attacks, right(TS/CoT/DC/Normal Attack, etc.)?

Okay Nali,

Took me a bit to get back to you on this one. I wanted to test it to make sure seeing as how so much of the game's mechanics got tweaked or changed with this patch. Here's what i'm finding. With a dual claw setup, the WSMs are averaged when using TS, CS, PS, or normal attack. Just like kicking, I got no effect on my attack speed from IAS on the off-hand claw. I haven't tested FoF, CoT, BoI, or DC yet. I'll try to get to that this weekend.

jrichard