• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Pvm ik druid ~~

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
Pvm ik druid ~~

Ok so ive read EB's guide on hybrid wolf a coupe times in the past. iI want to make pvm ik druid (w/o helm)

Do i use full set w/o helm? What is gear setuup? :)

Am thinking......... full ik cept helm. raven X2. higjlords. urmm. rest of gear standard.

How is this in pvm hell? He says is good(electric blue does0) in guidee he wrote for hybrid wolf.

basicallly, whats the setup for pvm fu ry wolf who uses ik?

Fred

dmatt

Aug 6, 2005
honalulu
I use Ik at the moment and it absolutly rules for PVM

I dont have the body armour but the 4 pieces yield huge bonuses. Its great cause u can take down physical immunes because the maul gets about 1.2k worth of elemental damage. Other then the maul the other stuff has just great stats including IAS and big defence. My setup for PVM is

20 werewolf
20 Lyco
16 Ferel Rage (maxing now)
20 Fury
20 oaksage

I have had no problems with any monsters with the exception of some heavy elemental guys. only problem with IK is the resists are lacking. Not sure if the armour remedies that but i guess you will find out. Just feral rage till it is maxed out then fury all the guys. Happy destruction

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
dmatt said:
I use Ik at the moment and it absolutly rules for PVM

I dont have the body armour but the 4 pieces yield huge bonuses. Its great cause u can take down physical immunes because the maul gets about 1.2k worth of elemental damage. Other then the maul the other stuff has just great stats including IAS and big defence. My setup for PVM is

20 werewolf
20 Lyco
16 Ferel Rage (maxing now)
20 Fury
20 oaksage

I have had no problems with any monsters with the exception of some heavy elemental guys. only problem with IK is the resists are lacking. Not sure if the armour remedies that but i guess you will find out. Just feral rage till it is maxed out then fury all the guys. Happy destruction

thanks. Im not sure wether to use ik armour or not though, i think maul + belt, gloves, and boots would be fine, but ik armour would recieve sweet bonuses from the other peices. Then again an armour like COH would be nice. (but its ladder so more realisticly "smoke")

Fred

dmatt

Aug 6, 2005
honalulu
im using duriels right now and the no freeze helps alot.

Dream equipment though is a ravenfrost with my angelics, and Fortitude armour. much better than CoH for Shifters

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
cool. This is ladder so i definately cant afford a fortitude for like forever, so im just gonna ignore it.

Right now the gear i have in mind is: Full ik set apart from helm, mabye ik armour, mabye something like shaft or smoke for armour. Ravenfrost, angelic ring and ammy, prolly jalahs helm. On switch something like demonlimb.

Sounds good :)

As for the stat placement:

none to dex.
none to energy.

Now here is my dillema: what should stat placement be? I know the standard is enough strength for gear and rest to vita, however EB suggested in his guide that pvm fury druids might want to pump strength for more damage, considering they have high life already, and life steal.

Im not gonna make a titan or an all vita build, what would you (or someone who is experienced) suggest?

Am thinking 200 vita and putting the rest to strength but thats just random, i have no idea what would be the most effective.

Cheers!!

Fred

darian60

Apr 21, 2004
Minnesota, USA
First fury druid I made was an IK WW and I loved it. It killed quickly enough and was cheap. I used shaft instead of IK armor, mainly cause I had it and didn't feel like trading for an IK armor.

This is pvm, so stats really aren't as big of a deal. Just ask yourself this: What would you rather do, hit a little harder or be able to take a few more hits? Personally, I choose to go vita as IK maul requires so much str.

You can also put those points aside and see how you do in hell and place them as you need.

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
cool. Yeah i will use enough strngth for gear (which will be 225+, more than enough) then rest to vita, just in case :)

I am still undecided wether to use ik armour or something like "smoke" for resists.

Fred

schreier

Jun 26, 2003
Columbia, MD
If you are using everything else IK (except helm obviously), use the armor if you can ...

Resists are very strong - 50 poison, 40 for the other 3

5% chance to cast enchant lvl 5 - never hurts

25% FHR
1001 defense (acceptable)

It will also add an additional 200 AR which never hurts a melee build

It will give you on the other items:
204 poison damage over 6 seconds (maul)
20% DR (on the belt)
10% mana steal (gloves)

the DR is very nice ... the mana leech is very nice ... the resist are good, and unlike CoH, you can add another benefit through socketing ... whether its Ber, Um, IAS jewel, damage jewel, or something else - very flexible

Just my take :)

schreier

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
yeah my plan now is :

Nuff strnght for ik armour rest to vita

Full ik cept for helm. Jalahs. Angelic ring and ammy. Ravenfrost. And... thats it :p.

For skills ill be using Heart of Wolverine and then just the standard pvm fury setup.

Now the problem is getting ik armour, raven, and jalals :(

Fred

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
Ok so here is what i have atm (updated)

Full ik set apart from armour.
Jalahs
ravenfrost
angelic ring and ammy

I was going to use ik armour but its just way 2 expensive for me atm (on ladder) and i plan to use it, but first i need to find a replacement. Any suggestions?

Also, without the armour i dont think ik gloves will give me mana leach, what to do?

Mabye just ditch the raven (all i am using it for is cbf, along with ar :) ) use duriels shell (a nice armour anyway) and use a rare ar///resist///mana leach ring. replaced by ik armour and raven once i get serious with this char. What do y'all think?

My friends say i am crazy for making an druid that uses ik, but i know otherwise :)

Fred