• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Pure light sorc a good idea as first char?

Alientank

Member
Jun 26, 2005
237
0
102
Canada
Pure light sorc a good idea as first char?

Well I've never made one and want to. With the ladder reset I've been thinking about one for mostly MF'ing and using max block. However I know people say it's best to get a meteob max block sorc going first, to get yourself the good gear a light sorc would need. I've started my meteorb sorc already, just looking for input at this point.
 

MapleBarb

Member
Apr 16, 2005
1,265
0
255
Alientank said:
Well I've never made one and want to. With the ladder reset I've been thinking about one for mostly MF'ing and using max block. However I know people say it's best to get a meteob max block sorc going first, to get yourself the good gear a light sorc would need. I've started my meteorb sorc already, just looking for input at this point.
I chose to go pure lightening. Then hopefuly when I'm lvl high enough to go to hell I'll do countess runs and find runes and cube them.
 

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
199
0
0
An untwinked Light Sorc will do about 4-5k Max Damage Lightning.

If I still played, I'd suggest you use a Blizzard Sorc and take advantage of the Moat Trick.
 
Oct 18, 2004
2,509
0
466
31
Asianland
www.profitablesin.tk
MapleBarb said:
I chose to go pure lightening. Then hopefuly when I'm lvl high enough to go to hell I'll do countess runs and find runes and cube them.
Ehh that's a bit tricky. The chicks surrounding her are always Light Immunes. It can all be solved with a decent merc however.

GkT said:
An untwinked Light Sorc will do about 4-5k Max Damage Lightning.

If I still played, I'd suggest you use a Blizzard Sorc and take advantage of the Moat Trick.
Yes, you will do around 4~5k Lightning damage if purely untwinked, but a Lidless + Occy will get you within 5~10k range I'm sure, and as you play more you might get free's or trade good stuff and eventually end up in 50K at lvl 99 with 20/20 Monarch + Griffonz + Lightning Ormus. :thumbsup:
 

GotFriana

Member
Jul 13, 2005
349
0
62
Argentina
Dennis_KoreanGuy said:
Ehh that's a bit tricky. The chicks surrounding her are always Light Immunes. It can all be solved with a decent merc however.

Sry but I remember they are all cold inmune with the Countess being Cold/Fire inmune :)

Good thing I have a good merc with my Meteorb sorc :rolleyes:

Edit: the ones who are light inmune in the Tower are all the archers, personally I consider them the most annoying enemies in there especially when there s more than one unique pack toghether. I prefer the meteorb for Countess runs for that reason.
 

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
199
0
0
She said UNtwinked. Plus, I'm thinking that Sorc is going to be MF.
 

dekarclad

Member
May 22, 2004
466
0
143
You have to set a definition for untwinked. I'm running the ladder with no assistance from anyone and I have +6 to lightning skills atm. I'm dishing out 4k max at level 56... so there you go.