• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Problem

Dalla

Aug 16, 2005
Japan
Problem

I keep getting this "Your Connection has been temporarily restricted from this realm." message, after like 5 meph runs.
Anyone else getting the same problem? Or know what this is? thanks.

LuckyDwarf

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
I got the same thing yesterday, it went away after a little bit.. I think they are just being stricter on botting, which means that legit mfing will also be screwed over.

Lucky

Christor

Jun 22, 2003
New England
Visit site
It's a temporary ban. You'll get them anytime you create games too quickly. It usually clears up within a few hours, tops. In the future, you should probably try killing other things along with meph so you're not creating games in rapid succession. Myself, I usually kill countess, andy, meph, eld/shenk/pindle, and sometimes baal, before moving on to the next game.

PhatTrumpet

Jul 18, 2003
South Portland, Maine
Visit site
Best way to do it, if you've planned ahead enough, is to have a Hell-quested character create an mf game and run a bunch of high-lvl areas long enough to perm the game, then come in with a Meph-killer who hasn't gotten past Act 3 and kill Meph to get the first drop. Drops will be sweet and you'll probably never have that temp ban problem again.

Also, last season people did some tests and found it actually has just as much to do with how long you wait in channel before creating a new game as how long you stay in a particular game. So if you're intent on doing quick runs or don't feel like going off and killing elsewhere, just wait in the channel for 10-20 second before creating your next game. Haven't tried this myself, but it should help.

Dalla

Aug 16, 2005
Japan
mmm yeah -- I might just trade in hc chan before i make.
Nice seeing you again Trumpet, you advice has always done me good :)

LuckyDwarf

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
The cutoff used to be 3 minutes in game and 10 seconds between creation, however I don't know if that has changed. When a few of us were creating games to kill clone late last season I know that was how we did it, besides Dahkar, who just created 10 games in 15 seconds and got realm downed after 5 minutes. ;)

Lucky

LuckyDwarf

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
Actually, after playing 1 game for about 4 minutes, the second gave I have been in since I have been on, which was only about 10 minutes, I have gotten disconnected. This is the fourth time today.. what the hell? First my game lags out, then I'm immediately disconnected. I don't know what's going on, I'm 100% legit, not using loader, nothing. I just installed Diablo II on this computer today. This is weird.

Lucky

LuckyDwarf

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
PhatTrumpet said:
Did you try waiting a little longer between game creations?

Yeah.. is 45 seconds long enough? ;);)

I fugured out it was my router that was causing it..

1) My cordless phone was causing problems with the sending of signals.
2) Port Forwarding/Triggering wasn't configured correctly..(It was close!)

I'm good now. :)

Lucky