• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Predictio : in 2months Torch worth shako

pitcike

Jul 28, 2005
Paris, France
Predictio : in 2months Torch worth shako

lol omg omg torch is too easy to get !
1 year on d2 and on forums is enough to get this awesome charm
i already have got 6 of them and it gets increasing pretty fast

Atm torchs r quite new so they are worth rather much

But dont u wonder whats gonna happen in about 2 - 3 months ?

There is gonna be so many Torchs that ppl will begin giving thewm free...
their value will fade so fast... ;(

Blizzaard should definitly have made them harder to get...

Dont u think ?
Halode :thumbsup:

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
I think it's going to be a while before they become that common on ladder. Every Uber soloing strategy I've seen involved Exile, Enigma, Dual Beast/BotD Eth Zerkers, Fortitudes, and/or Grief Zerkers. That stuff just isn't readily available on ladder yet and as long as it takes a team effort to get stuff only nonselfish fairminded players that work well as a team (about .01% of BNet) will be getting any Torches.

Also, consider how long it actually takes to get the things even with godly gear. How many Hell Forge rune runs could a team of players make in that time? If you take into account the variable stats, particularly good torches should be worth more than the best skillers.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
You can solo Tristram with a decent zealot (I did), and using e.g. DC/Stormlash/Oath and Duriel's Shell instead of CoH+Grief will probably be successful as well. Enigma is just needed for gathering the keys and I'm sure a sorc can do that job, too.

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Well I use my sorc to farm keys, Zealot/Zon/Smiter to kill the minis and a Smiter to kill the ubers. Nothing really that 'hard' but it just takes time and patience.

I agree with krischan, My zealot uses Schaefers, duress, dracs and a zak. He does just fine even against Lilith.

Rice_Farmer3

Dec 15, 2004
i'm sure the value will go down a lot, but i doubt its gonna be worth a shako. and the stats pon the torch will mean a huge difference in its value. The closes example i can think of is Annis: not exactly a shako value...

FreezerBurn

Banned
Dec 16, 2004
Texas
a couple things are going to happen. the character class is random but people play certain characters more than others. so pally and sorc torches will be worth more than say necro or druid torches. this is already true to a certain extent, but it'll get more dramatic as there's an excess of torches. you'll also see a big premium for perfect torches. they'll probably trade for multiple HR while average torches will probably drop to the um-ist level.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
I am making a shockadin for this. That 20 points in resist lightning ain't for nothing. :lol: But I am guessing the value of it will drop fast soon. Probably not to the extent of a shako, though.