• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Precise chances of specific Countess rune drops?

BIGeyedBUG

Oct 16, 2003
frisco
Visit site
Precise chances of specific Countess rune drops?

I know these were calculated fairly precisely in the early days of 1.1, but I can't them. The breakdown for each difficulty would be appreciated. :)

Angel_Dusted

Aug 29, 2004
Israel
BIGeyedBUG said:
I know these were calculated fairly precisely in the early days of 1.1, but I can't them. The breakdown for each difficulty would be appreciated. :)

Don't really have the time to look this up for you but - ATMA, download it.

Thrugg

Jun 23, 2003
San Francisco CA
Atma is unfortunately very slightly incorrect on the Countess. Her drop is farily complicated, because of the fact that she has 8 potential drop chances but can only drop at most 6 items (like all monsters) and this makes her drop probabilities have a combinatorial aspect that is a bit beyond Atma's original scope. Atma will generally give you better odds than she actually has, because it counts the times when she might drop a rune 7th or 8th in her drop. However, with players=1, that is uncommon, so the numbers are pretty good at p1. They get worse as you raise the player number.

Good enough for a ballpark figure, however as BeB has since discovered, the chance of a Lem dropping is more around the 1/390 area than the 1/318 Atma claims.

;)

Angel_Dusted

Aug 29, 2004
Israel
Ah, I see. Well, I didn't really expect it to take into consideration the special drop at all, so that's an improvement :lol:

BIGeyedBUG

Oct 16, 2003
frisco
Visit site
Thrugg said:
Good enough for a ballpark figure, however as BeB has since discovered, the chance of a Lem dropping is more around the 1/390 area than the 1/318 Atma claims.

;)
I'm glad this came up over here, as I had dismissed ATMA as being much less accurate with Countess rune drops than that. Good to know it's in the ballpark anyway. Thanks again Thrugg.