• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Please Help Me

Jul 18, 2003
Please Help Me

I have been unable to play diablo2 for a while now. My cd drive stopped reading cd's out of nowhere and i dont know what to do. I expect this thread might be closed because of what im about to say but i need to ask of it.... Is there any 3rd party progams available that will let me load diablo2 without having the cd in the drive? I even went out and bought a new copy of LOD to see if it would work to no avail... plz i am not a cheater i just want to play and make a ladder character since i heard it was reset. Again please dont hate me for asking for this program but im a legit player who needs to bypass the cd-load lol Thanks for any help

Aug 1, 2005
aStaticLullabye said:
I have been unable to play diablo2 for a while now. My cd drive stopped reading cd's out of nowhere and i dont know what to do. I expect this thread might be closed because of what im about to say but i need to ask of it.... Is there any 3rd party progams available that will let me load diablo2 without having the cd in the drive? I even went out and bought a new copy of LOD to see if it would work to no avail... plz i am not a cheater i just want to play and make a ladder character since i heard it was reset. Again please dont hate me for asking for this program but im a legit player who needs to bypass the cd-load lol Thanks for any help

According to the rules I don't believe you are really allowed to ask questions like this but I am not a moderator so I will help u to a safe extent. To answer your question, YES.. if I am informed correctly there ARE 3rd party programs that allow u to play without a cd. However, I believe it is part of d2 loader which is technically illegal and observing the recent 36,000 ban, I wouldn't risk using it. I will not provide you with a website or link to obtain this program but if you decide to research it on the net and risk using it, well I simply wish you the best of luck. I can understand the frustration you probably have and the desire to play.

(let's hope i don't get banned here... just trying to provide an answer and help rather than ignore)

Feb 28, 2004
Nothing can be done i'm afraid, since even if you did get hold of a no-cd program, you'd still need to be able to copy neccesary files from the cd to your harddrive.

It was mentioned in another thread that you can use a virtual cd-drive program to simulate cd-roms, but again, you'd have to be able to read the cds for it to work. I think maybe a new cd-drive is your only hope, and those are only like $20 anyway.