• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Playing without a CD Question

olivine

Aug 13, 2005
Playing without a CD Question

After about a 2 year hiatus, I would like to start playing Diablo 2 again.
I have the installation disc, cinema disc, and the LOD disc. I lost the play disc. I installed the single player on my computer, and I am wondering If it is possible to play the game eventhough I do not have the play disc? I updated to the most recent patch, and tried D2loader, but I get an error message that reads: halt, location: ,line #1431, expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6f8f1f59 any help would be much appreciated!

carnivore

Aug 2, 2005
bremen, germany
d2loader isnt supported here as it is a third party program (and doesnt work anyway).
copying a game disc from a friend could be a legal issue, depending where you live, but borrowing one for installation should work. you only need the lod-cd to play anyway.

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
if you can borrow one from a friend, you can make an image of the disc using a program like daemon tool or alcohol120%. this will store an image of the disc on your hard drive. you then create a virtual drive and mount the image on it, and as far as your computer knows, you have that disc in a new cdrom drive. i do this to avoid that annoying spinning that randomly occurs during gameplay, and so i dont have to keep switching cds in and out (for whenever i play different games). it does take up hard drive space though.

olivine

Aug 13, 2005
Is it possible to install LOD without the Diablo 2 play disc? and then just use the LOD disc to play

Ãœber

Aug 12, 2005
Act 5
copy all of the .mpqs from the cd that werent already in your d2 folder, and all you would have to do is open diablo WITH the cd still in there, and then once its began running just take it out since you just copied the remaining files the make diablo run

olivine

Aug 13, 2005
This may be a stretch, but does anybody have any extra copies of the diablo 2 play disc that they do not need? None of my friends play the game.
thanks.