• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Place for Blizz-sorc to MF

keithano

Aug 2, 2005
Macau
www.fotop.net
Place for Blizz-sorc to MF

After the reset of the ladder, I've come up with a Pure-Blizz sorcy, which is 76 lvl rite now. I have maxed out the blizzard, glacial spikes , ice bolts , and I'm now working on the ice spikes, then the cold mastery(already pump 1 point to it).

With mostly crappy gears, which only the belows are worth to say
601 def eth GOTHIC plate( but with self-repairing , 205%ed)
Lidless

I'm now Mfing in Hell act5, the pindleskin there, finishing him using about 30 secs a run. 2 blizz and 6 glacial spikes are enough. However , despite from this, any place for me to MF? cuz if I keep on creating game for pindle-run, it'll result on a temp-ban of my IP.

Some kind guys taught me to MF in hell meph. Well, with the moat trick I can kill meph easily, but it's hard for me to tele down to hate3. As there's about only 20% of FCR for my char. My def is about 1162 ( 16xx with frozen armor ), which is still damn low. One hit from pindle nearly take my life away. 540 life at this moment with about 185 vit.(hope I haven't remembered wrongly.)

So, here's come the question , other than pindle and meph, is there any other place in hell that is suitable for my character, or , should say suitable for a pure-blizz sorcy to MF? ^^

Thanks for reading and replying

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
1162 def is not really that low, is it? I had a lot worse defence with my meteorb sorc before. Anyways, is it that hard to scrape up that 63% FCR? Spirit shield + sword does it well. Stealth armor for 25% FCR and hit recovery if you don't want spirit shield. Do nm (not hell) countress for the runes, and I don't suppose you get kill there too, do you? Of course, with this setup, you can tele and kill meph.

MasaM

Dec 28, 2003
Finland
I think best places to mf pure cold sorc is

Andariel
Duriel
Meph
Pindle

Hell ofcourse. Other places there are cold immunes. Dont know about lost city tunnels. Never been there. But andariel is pretty easy to get without fcr and you get good stuff there. Duriel is also good place. There is cold immunes way up there. And not very fast monsters so it should be quite easy tele there. And you get nice stuff there also. Meph always good. But over 63fcr helps get there. Pindle always good place to mf.

When i mf my frozen orb sorc. I do all those places. And with good merc you can do also other good places like pit, travi, shenk, eldricht and baal. Where merc kills cold immunes.

Angel_Dusted

Aug 29, 2004
Israel
If you can manage to get down to Durance 3 without too much difficulty, then just use the moat trick on Mephisto, he's an easy kill for a Blizzard Sorceress. Aside from that you can attempt Pindleskin, but, honestly, these are by far the best places for a Blizzard Sorceress, seeing as the Ancients Tunnels and other such regions spawn too few enemies and bosses can occasionally spawn as Cold Immune.

Andariel is a possibility seeing as the only Cold Immunes in the region are her zombie-type minions but she is far harder to successfully hit with Blizzard, and MFing Duriel is a joke, seeing as he will always drop a scroll of Town Portal, nerfing his MF possibilities in a massive way (that plus it takes far too long to reach him).

Additionally, for future reference you'll want to max out cold mastery as your second skill right after blizzard. It is by far the most damage-efficient (indirect) synergy you could hope for, and will be far more effective than glacial spike or Ice Bold/Blast.

EDIT: AnimeCrazy - Yes, any defense rating that's not over 3000 will get you hit numerous times in hell, especially if you have not taken a max blocking route. This does not matter as much for a sorceress as you will most likely have your mercenary there as a meatshield, and you will most likely be dodging or using energy shield/shiver armor more than you are tanking hits.

Underdawg

Jul 4, 2005
W
Yes that is right. You should have maxed Cold Mastery First. It provides more damage than the synergies! If you have not already you should go check the sticky over at the Sorceress Forums and read the Blizzard MF Sorc guide. Sometimes the damage displayed on the character screen is not all that :thumbsup:

keithano

Aug 2, 2005
Macau
www.fotop.net
Thx all , Probably I have finished all the synergies of blizzards , and so there's no way to change it. ^^" With the quest and to my target , there are about 10-14 skill pts for me to pump the cold mastery , then , depend on my gear thru^^