• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

[PK] CS Zon viable?

Oxy

Jun 22, 2003
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
[PK] CS Zon viable?

AH crap, I just closed this tab in Opera by accident. Time to re-write.

I'm thinking of make a lvl 24 CS zon. 1 point in D/A/E, each. If I get to A5, which I will, and get my skill quests, that'll be 27 skill points to work with.

27 - 3 for D/A/E = 24. 1 in Jab = 23. 6 (max for level) in CS would leave me with 17, which I would spend in Power Strike. That would give me a 170% boost thanks to synergies.

Would this be viable? Is there a damage calculator I can find somewhere?

As for gear, +max damage would be stupid, so I guess PRubies everywhere.

3 Pruby headgear
4 Pruby armor
Some belt... fhr, +life, +mana? :/
Angelics for all jewelry
Bloodfists/Sander's gloves
Sander's boots

... what kind of javelin? Something with IAS? What? And, what kind of shield?

Any ideas? Would this be viable?

Sip

Banned
Dec 21, 2003
da slumz
I'd try to get a bit more skills in there. Say...Sigons Shield, Tarnhelm, Rare 3+ javazon skill maiden javas. I believe you can also get some +1 java gloves for level 15.

my ideal setup:
P ruby tarnhelm
P ruby twitch
Sigons shield eld'd
Rare maiden javas (imbued maybe?) with +skills and ias
+1 java gloves OR deaths gloves+belt
sanders boots
angelics amulet+rings.

Max cs, rest synergies

Ankeli

Oct 11, 2004
Finland
Angelic bling isnt needed, unless you want it for the life. CS is auto-hit. Then again, ditch the angelic amulet and find a +ama amu.

Mn_Swe2

Jun 27, 2003
Sweden
www.diablo-guilds.com
You can shop for +2 javskills and 20% IAS javs.

Also you can go for +1 ama or +2 jav amulet (depending on lvl req.)

Sigon glov + boots for nice speed, both run- and attack-wise.

Also, why you choose lvl 24? (Just curious)

And as said, AR is not really needed, since you use CS.

/Magnus

edit: lower resist wand switch if you want to be nasty. Or as mentioned, some kind of amp weapon et.c. on switch :p

Tai.

Dec 12, 2004
Bilbao, Spain
If he were to stay at lvl 24, I don't believe +2 to jav skills is avilable to him, I know on non-class specifics its lvl 30 req, and don't know if it's any different (right now i'm exhausted, my mom's in town and i showed her how to txt message last night, so she sent me one this morning to see if it worked not knowing the alert would wake me up).

I would tend to lean toward lvl 30

Peace (maybe a viper in stash for casters?)
2 skill/20 ias javs
Rhyme
jav skill/ias gloves, bloodfists, even sanders
sanders boots
bladebuckle
PCrown

Sip has showed us you can have great success with a lvl 30 PK, and yes you won't be "Headshotting" anyone (love it sip) but you'll still get duels at 30 without much difficulty.

Cheers
-Tai

PhatTrumpet

Jul 18, 2003
South Portland, Maine
Visit site
24 seems like a mildly retarded level for a CS Zon.

I'd at least go to lvl 29 for stuff like PCrown, 'Lore', 'Peace', 'Rhyme'.

The next break is at lvl 25 for +2 gloves and slightly better javs (I had some last season that were +2 with 30%ias at lvl 30).

HelzCaretaker

Feb 11, 2004
HELL
I believe on all magical/rare items, jav skills default to lvl req so lvl 30 for +2 on jav wpn etc. My suggestion tarnhelm/twitch/deaths/sanders/bsod/deaths (too much st imo for sig shield even with -req), angelic's if lvl 24 (huge life+dex boost and since you're not going to have access to decent +skill ammy I'd go angelic) I'd invest everything into cs+synergies with exception of 1 into dodge. For cs speed + dmg is everything in lower lvls, getting an extra hit off is vital imo.

Just a side note +javaskills does not spawn on anything other then gloves/spears.

LuckyDwarf

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
I also suggest going to 30 for the much better +1 gear out there. You can have a lot of fun with a CS zon at any level really, my favorite being in the mid 40s, but a level 30 is really nice too. Aim for a +2 jav maiden with 30% ias and other nice mods, but you want the skills + ias. Make sure you hit the 55% bp, but 90% bp is really nice. You can't get 20% ias (with +Jav too, of course) gloves till level 35, but you can use Death's or Sigon's gloves to go with the shield, 30% from weapon, and IAS jewel in the Pcrown and in the Vipermagi. It's a decrease in life and a little decrease in damage, due to losing the +1-2 jav skill gloves, but I think the speed makes up for it.

Edit: Just realised IAS jewels are level 31, so I'd bump it that one level if you decide to go for 90%, or just pruby the helm and armor and leave it at level 30 if you're going to stay at 55%. Hope I help.

Are there +2 jav amulets? If so, I have never seen one ever.

Have fun with it,
Lucky

PhatTrumpet

Jul 18, 2003
South Portland, Maine
Visit site
PhatTrumpet said:
24 seems like a mildly retarded level for a CS Zon.

I'd at least go to lvl 29 for stuff like PCrown, 'Lore', 'Peace', 'Rhyme'.

The next break is at lvl 25 for +2 gloves and slightly better javs (I had some last season that were +2 with 30%ias at lvl 30).
Typo I missed... should be lvl 35 for +2 gloves wtih 20%ias.

Helz: that can't be the case because I've picked up multiple sets of +3 Maiden Javs that had a lvl req of 17

Lucky: +Jav tree amulets do not exist... no idea why. The best you can do is a +1 Amazon ammy at lvl 27.

Aerath

Aug 5, 2003
www.embers.nu
PhatTrumpet said:
Typo I missed... should be lvl 35 for +2 gloves wtih 20%ias.

Helz: that can't be the case because I've picked up multiple sets of +3 Maiden Javs that had a lvl req of 17

Lucky: +Jav tree amulets do not exist... no idea why. The best you can do is a +1 Amazon ammy at lvl 27.

It is the case. It's not the +3 Jav mod that bumps the lvl req to 30 though. It's the IAS on them.

HelzCaretaker

Feb 11, 2004
HELL
PhatTrumpet said:

Might wanna read it better next time, I said magical/rare cannot have +2/3 mod at lvl 17, they revert back to typical lvl req (30/45) but plain regular ones stay that lvl. If he went lvl 35 he should try for +4 20-30% ias javs (+2 from zon wpn +2 from mod)

a plain +3 jav has lvl req 17, which is what I would suggest for lvl 24ish, lvl 30+ where u get +2 wpn mod is ideal b/c you can get another +2 (for total +4). Lvl 35 zon can hit quite hard (basically 2k dmg x bolts)

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
you should get to act 5 hell in get all your + skill quests and resistance quest and + 20life act 3 quest. With the help of someone of course.