• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Patch 1.11 you think a anti-hack patch?

HandofElysium

Jun 23, 2003
USEast Realm *andivius, *andivius2
Patch 1.11 you think a anti-hack patch?

I notice that in my perspective that 1.11 as far as content was kind of weak.

10 new runewords and 1 unique charm..whoopie. Also some bug fixes/exploits.

Then I notice a few things compared to 1.10.

No Bots,no MH,no AA.

I think within the first week we already had MH and then in the second week bots. It has almost been two weeks and still no MH except for the one now which basically blizzard banned whomever used.

Now you think this patch was really made to answer the hacks or not? Only time will tell.

Thoughts?

Indemaijinj

Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
To some degree yes, though their measures will only last so and so long.

As I see 1.11 tries to achieve following things:

1. Show that Blizzard still cares about Diablo 2.
Successful to some extent.

2. Try to make PvP more "fair".
Of all the present bugs they mainly fixed various PvP exploits. One can argue that certain skills are broken by design and need a redesign, but Blizzard did not want to make any rebalacings and stuck with bugfixes.

3. Make realms more attractive than Singleplayer.
Blizzard made a rather interesting Realms only feature and actually created a new "Server only" stat for runewords. Largely unsuccessful. The SP'ers remain defiant (Blizzard doesn't realise the allure of a no-lag environment and third party muling utilities). The supposedly Realm only runewords were ridiculously easy to "enable" and I guess that it is only a question of time before someone creates a code hack to "enable" the über-quest as well.

4. Give the hackers hell.
They deliberately jumbled the .dll's up a bit just to break compatability with existing 3'rd party hacks. It will of course only be a question of time before people figure out the new .dll structures and recode their hacks to work again. Maphack is already out (and people are getting banned for using it). I guess we will se some of the nastier hacks soon.

What 1.11 DIDN'T (try to) achieve:

1. Make a bug-free game.
Many well known 1.10 bugs (and probably a few that are even older) are still in force. Inferno, Artic Blast and Wake of Inferno are still not redone to fit the (not so) new realities of Damage-Delay. Fend is still as bugged as ever. Charge and Leap Attack still becomes inactive under certain circumstances. Gloams and Tomb Vipers still do physical damage when they should not (especially egregarious with the Tomb Vipers). And they even managed to introduce some new bugs. Suche as the wonky CtC Valkyrie from Peace that may crash the game when placed on a merc and the spelling error that make Fangskin drop nothing in Hell difficulty.

2. Make a balanced game.
Many monsters are still neglegible while other are terrors. Certain classes are still way better than others (The new über-quest is especially favourable for paladins). Many skills are still pointless or exist only as synergies or pre-requisites. Runewords still wipe the floor with the contention, and beyond a few rings and amulets magic (blue) items are still more or less useless.

Personally I think they should have done a LOT more to rid the game of bugs. I know we will soon be nearing the time where we can no longer expect patches from Blizzard (the fact that Blizzard North has been more or less dismantled only makes this more evident) and it would be nice if they had made a last great push for a bug-free game.

Joch

May 30, 2005
Belgium
there are bots online & is a mh.
now my friend used my account to use my lvl 81 sorc to rush a friend.
(he used easymap or sumtin)
- i was on ladder place 151 -

now my account is closed & cd key is banned :s

there goes my full perfect viper & vex rune... :(

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
Joch said:

your friend ;)

zirilion

Mar 10, 2005
south
iv seen a spam bot in norm about the rpgstash thing it now has a short name

what i think they should add is a new anti bot creation of accounts on their servers with the scrambled up letters which you have to type

TaRHeeLs

Jul 29, 2005
Joch said:

That's not bad, try losing a overall ranked #8 Zon and then talk.