• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Overpopulation?

RiderPride

Aug 9, 2005
Overpopulation?

Has anyone else gotten mad at how whenever you try and make a character name all the good ones are usually taken? Blizzard should try and delete all the characters that have been inactive for a while, i don't know though...What do you think? :cool:

RiderPride

Aug 9, 2005
Well then, that explains alot, im' new on diablo and i was trying to amke a character and none of the names i wanted would work so i got pretty mad! :p

Hnoo B

May 10, 2005
California
RiderPride said:
Well then, that explains alot, im' new on diablo and i was trying to amke a character and none of the names i wanted would work so i got pretty mad! :p

Creativity is the name of the game. Not all names are taken up, but it takes some thought. I created a lightning sorceress, and I called her "StepInto" (you know, "step into the light"). My girlfriend created a sorceress and called her "Apprentiss," because if you say it outloud "The Sorceress Apprentiss" it sounds a lot like "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," from Fantasia. Neither of those required any sorts of crazy names with insane misspellings or anything, but yeah, all the obvious names have been taken up. You can always try your initials followed by something.

Dia

Jul 7, 2003
Pwnsylvania
www.digg.com
Just don't get frustrated and use names like "XxXxXHAMMERZXxXx" and "XXXMETEORXXX". My new ladder light sorc is "Spark_Plug". Not that hard to think of decent names.

allensong

Jul 3, 2004
Toronto
or if u want to have fun with PvP names try some fun and "make fun of the dead guy"-name

on non-ladder i have duelers called

A-FriGGinNOOB

A-PuddleOfPISS

TheirOWN-Mother

A-LowBLOW

A-CrotchShot

A-BigBONER

....and of course when i defeat the other person it says

-this person- was slain by A-PuddleOfPiss and etc :D

so u cant always have wat u want, but u can always have FUN ^^

allensong said:
or if u want to have fun with PvP names try some fun and "make fun of the dead guy"-name

on non-ladder i have duelers called

A-FriGGinNOOB

A-PuddleOfPISS

TheirOWN-Mother

A-LowBLOW

A-CrotchShot

A-BigBONER

....and of course when i defeat the other person it says

-this person- was slain by A-PuddleOfPiss and etc :D

so u cant always have wat u want, but u can always have FUN ^^

Heres some more :

MyBigEgo
RottenMilk
HisOwnSelf
AFlyingTurd

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
Playing around with the spelling of words to produce the same sound can be useful too. I made Taliya, then when I remade I use Talyia. Same with my pally that went from Dakkion to Dakhion then back to Dakkion when I remade a third time. My MF sorc has gone through alot of spelling changes. Shyvera, Shyverah, Shyveria.

Ismalia

Jul 18, 2005
East Coast, USA
I also tend to research. My Assassin is named after the cult that gave birth to assassination as we know it. The Order of Ismali I believe it was.

Greek names for my Amazons. I was shocked to find out Andromache was NOT taken (it is now muwahahaha).

A friend of mine ends all of her char's names with her initials if they are otherwise taken. :)

Jun 29, 2005
California
i like simple names, like "Spark_Plug"

So try to be creative

if your trying to think of a fire sorc, think of something hot then incorparate it in the name

you can also try a clan then where you put something before your name then -

miroba

Jan 23, 2005
cali
www.myspace.com
Absolute Slayer said:
Well hey, maybe a TON of names will be freed up with the recent mass cd-key ban :thumbsup:

like mine.... :(

dont take fieryeyes though please
i really liked that name
dam...
i swear if i get my account back ill never use mh again...

Underdawg

Jul 4, 2005
W
I use Mythilogical Amazon Names for my Amazons, what else are there? I also like to put titles to character names such as AthenaTheSharp or UtherTheNoble.

Aug 3, 2005
its actually not that hard, i have a barb name ILikePie and i made him after ladder reset

also i have a paladin called UrMomIsQuiteHot which get people going, they always tell me that their mom isnt hot at all :D

ive had names like "Ididmephysmom" and people loved it
also "UrGrandfather" so when you kill someone it goes

(someone) has been slained by UrGrandfather :lol:

Senor Bezeer

Mar 5, 2005
Ididmephistosmom said:
(someone) has been slained by UrGrandfather :lol:

I think you should make a hisgrandfather and hergrandfather this way it reads (fred) was slain by his grandfather :D just a suggestion. Ive seen A_Duck and that was pretty funny.
(Bob) was slain by A_Duck! :lol:

@RiderPride: good luck finding a good name. Try to incorporate words that apply to the build and the name should turn out nice. Rememer alot of thaught shoud go into your names, after all if your planning on keeping the character up you dont want to see:

kjhsafasdf
asdfml;
asdffdl

As you character names. :lol: